Just back from 2 x nights at Bloomfield with our 4 year old. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was quite busy - but that meant a good atmosphere and lots of children for our man to play with. We thoroughly enjoyed the leisure centre facilities with 3 x long visits over our stay. The kids club kept our man entertained on 1 x morning and 1 of the evenings. Unfortunately we weren't advised of the Kids club upon check in - (and apparently most of the guests were not told) so found out about it by accident through another family. Amy was the kids club coordinator and she was fabulous. The children love her and she has a great way with them. Suggestion for the hotel is to get a little more organised around kids club - set it up in one of your function rooms and advertise it at check in. A kids disco is brilliant at night time to knock them out before a quieter movie. It might also be an idea to have a smallies group with a younger movier + a movie that appeals to the 8 - 12 year olds too......one at each end of the room. Some hotels also include kids dining in their kids club but that is something to think about. Back to the hotel.....rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Very good 3* standard. Grounds and surrounding areas are lovely. Mullingar a good shopping town. Restaurant serves good food. We were late for brekkie on both mornings - so our rashers were a little tired....but that is probably our fault.
Bar staff were brilliant - and the bar food was good. The staff all over Bloomfield are extremely pleasant.....and we commented on this throughout our stay. The only exception to this was the staff at reception. Regardless of what I asked for during our stay - reception didn't want to know about it. e.g. Do you know what is happening with Kids Club? (No.....go to Leisure Centre and ask). Could I get a newspaper? (No...go to the bar and ask.) Could I get a coffee? (No go to the bar and ask). The receptionist would benefit from getting out into the hotel and finding on what is happening in the other areas....the rest of the staff were super and I'm sure this lady could be too...with a little coaching.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 Star Bloomfield House Hotel, Leisure Club & Spa is located on the shores of Lough Ennell just three kilometers south of Mullingar town. Not only is it the perfect location for relaxation and indulgence, but there are so many great activities onsite and in the surrounding area. Inside the 111 bedroom 4**** hotel, there is plenty for guests to enjoy such as the Stirrup & Reel Bar, Charles Brinsley Restaurant, an impressive Leisure Club with a 20 meter deck level pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam Room, air conditioned Gym and Bloomfield Spa. The hotel also offers excellent Conference, Banqueting and Wedding Facilities with over 30 years of hosting truly wonderful occasions. Dining is an occasion at Bloomfield House. The experienced team of international chefs use the finest produce to create imaginative Irish and International cuisine, providing a dining experience that will delight the palate and your senses. Bloomfield House Hotel is conveniently located just an hours drive from Dublin and offers breathtaking views of the Irish lakelands. Here, you will find some of the best fishing, angling, cruises and water sports that Ireland has to offer. But this great destination has a lot more to offer than attractions of the watery kind - make Bloomfield House Hotel your base as you enjoy bowling, paint balling, equestrian, walking and bike rides in this stunning countryside. Culture-junkies will relish a trip to Belvedere House and Gardens, while golf enthusiasts can tee off at the Mullingar Golf Club located nearby. There is live music in the bar and a free Kids Club runs every weekend and during the holidays so everyone gets to have fun. Bloomfield Spa, a jewel set in the tranquil surroundings of the Bloomfield House Hotel. Escape into a world of pure indulgence and total relaxation. Slip into Germaine de Capuccini Spa World, a place where you will experience the most incredible unique sensations where mind, body and spirit converge to feel an unforgettable and deeply pleasurable experience. Bloomfield Leisure Club is a spacious facility where guests can work out and tone up in a relaxed environment. Guests can avail of the very latest in Health and Fitness with friendly and professional guidance. Nestled amid magnificent parkland on the shores of Lough Ennell, Bloomfield House Hotel offers the perfect country escape with its combination of traditional Irish hospitality, elegant surroundings and modern facilities. The hotel offers 8 Conference and Banqueting Suites, the Stirrup and Reel Bar, The Charles Brinsley Restaurant, Bloomfield Spa and an impressive Leisure Club with a 20-metre deck level pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and air-conditioned gym. Bloomfield House Hotel provides a range of facilities to ensure that you enjoy a comfortable, relaxing and memorable stay. Take advantage of complimentary access to the Leisure Club and Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bloomfield House Hotel, Leisure Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bloomfield House Hotel, Leisure Club Hotel Mullingar
- Bloomfield Hotel Mullingar