“Mr”
other travellers have booked this property
Old Forge I & II Arriving at silvermines cottages
Bedroom 2 leading to living area
Nice fresh towels!
Private patio area
Private Patio
Vegetable patch and fruit trees for a complimentary meal
On a hike , a view of the  Silvermines village
Hiking above the Silvermines valley
View around the garden
The reception area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ronanlynn
London, United Kingdom
“Mr”
Reviewed 26 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

I recently had my third stay at these lovely cottages. Once again, we were sorry to leave as we had such a nice relaxing time. The owners Paul and Karin are so accommodating and helpful. Highly recommend.

jnumber2
Nashville, Tennessee
“Stunning Cottage in Friendly Small Village”
Reviewed 5 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Let me start this review by saying this is probably the nicest holiday home we have ever rented...and we've rented A LOT. The Old Forge is immaculate, stylishly furnished with high quality pieces and still remains extremely comfortable. The cottage sits on the main street of Silvermines, a quiet village of about 300 people. It has a small store, a local pub, a church and a school...that's it. It was perfect for us, as we were looking for a place to get away from everything and don't enjoy overly 'touristy' areas. However, this doesn't mean there isn't anything to do. Nenagh (a large village with restaurants and grocery stores) is only about a 10 minute drive and Limerick is an easy 30-40 minutes away. We had a lovely time exploring the area trails right outside our front door and visiting with the locals in the tiny bar across the street.
The cottage itself has everything you could possibly need, large bedrooms, modern bathrooms, a well stocked kitchen, a very comfortable lounge/dining room and even a separate laundry room with washer and dryer. There is also a courtyard with an absolutely beautifully maintained garden. Everything is on one floor which is perfect for those with small children or folks with mobility issues. The wifi worked well, as did the television.
I would not hesitate to recommend this cottage to anyone looking for a luxurious and quiet place to stay in Ireland...in fact, I already have to several of my friends!

Your age range 35-49
23 Jul 2017
Thank you so much for your amazing review and delighted that you enjoyed your stay
Sightsee6...
“We should have had our entire holiday here - fabulouus.”
Reviewed 27 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

A truly great find.
A great central location for traveling in all directions.
A really lovely 2 Bedroom, 2 bathroom (both en-suite) with Living/Dining and Kitchen facilities.
Fully Equipped and immaculate.
Lovely garden, so peaceful and quiet.
Great Host.

31 May 2017
Thank you so much for the wonderful review!
Sorry I never got to meet you all, hopefully another time
Best wishes
Paul
Jackrosie...
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 11 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I came with my little boy who is 8 and my elderly parents. The cottage and the garden were so tranquil that we didn't want to leave and go and visit places, it was like home from home. thank you Paul we will be seeing you next year !!!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
11 Aug 2016
Hi Elaine, thank you for such an nice review, really pleased you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you all
Hope to see you all again soon !
Brian F
“Very enjoyable stay, thank you Paul”
Reviewed 4 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Accomadation was excellent nothing overlooked, Paul our host was very obliging. Plenty of nice walks not much else to do in silver ones but we had fun

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
5 Aug 2016
Thanks Brian for your review and glad you enjoyed your stay.
Yes Silvermines is a rural village with a pub and shop with plenty of walks . For more than that Nenagh is 10 mins drive. Hope to see you again some time !
Best regards
Paul
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing