“Outstanding Vegan Fare!”
Review of Room 8

Room 8
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Navan
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 34
Description: Room 8 is an elegant cafe serving a delicious selection of gourmet sandwiches, salads, desserts and daily specials.We serve the finest Java Republic coffee and tea.We also offer an evening menu on Friday and Saturdsay's from 6pm with something to suit all taste buds.All our food is lovingly prepared by our head chef/owner Aidan Cosgrave.
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I have just turned vegan from vegetarian, and my 5 friends are all meat & fish eaters - and they were not disappointed either. Quite the opposite. The challenge for me as a new vegan when dining out, is I don't want to be a burden on a chef and the waiting staff. I mentioned when booking one of us was a vegan, which they advised was no problem, and told me they would call me that day to verify meal. True to their word, they called to check if I had any allergies. Upon sitting, I was incredibly surprised (and delighted!) to have the lovely waitress come to the table discreetly to show me a handwritten vegan menu with choice of 2 starters, 2 main course, and 2 vegan desserts! I opted for the mushroom starter cooked with beautiful flavours and a homemade sourdough bread - so so tasty, and lovely and light as a starter.
Next I opted for the Thai red curry with chickpeas, courgette and other veg, with mixed colour rice. It was simply beautiful - no tinned chickpeas here (if they were, I need to find out what brand, as I soak my own at home).
Finally the dessert was either a mango sorbet or a chocolate avocado mousse. It was Outstanding! A large portion so although I only ate half of it, it wasn't for lack of desire for it.

I was so impressed with the chef and waiting staff's special effort to accommodate me, so THANK YOU Room 8 team - outstanding meal, decor, ambiance.

I've already booked my next meal for December. Highly recommend. My omnivore friends were equally delighted with their fare - go here soon!

5  Thank Denise P

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Had dinner here last Sat night, there were 6 of us and from start to finish it was just fabulous. The Waiter was excellent and knew his stuff, the food is another matter. Just every last detail was exceptional, we ate a variety of fish, meats and Vegan dishes and cannot recommend here enough, well done to all involved, we'll be back.

2  Thank Happygal757
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here last Saturday night, the staff were really friendly and the service was great. We both really enjoyed the food and can't wait to go back

2  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

In love with everything about this place. They opened on a Monday evening for a private party. We were blown away by the food and the service fantastic food and service to match can't wait to go back..
If you're in Navan give this place a go..

2  Thank hotmammaWestmeath
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Stopped off on way back home for a coffee, after 26 degrees in Paris we weren't expecting to sit outside in Navan for a coffee, after Storm Ophelia had swept through Ireland, but indeed we did!

Fruit scone and two americanos went down very well, delightful!

2  Thank Imjustatourist2