“Great family restaurant”

Schooners Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in Carlingford
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 28
Cuisines: Pub
Description: Schooners Bar & Restaurant, Carlingford dining at it's best! Carlingford's stylish and sophisticated setting, a place to relax and dine with colleagues, friends or loved ones. Schooners Restaurant Schooners Bar & Restaurant in Carlingford is open daily, a modern bar where you can unwind and indulge in a relaxing drink or enjoy the best Carlingford dining experience with a delicious meal from our newly updated restaurant menus. Our extensive restaurant menus (links below) use only the finest of fresh locally sourced seasonal produce from land and sea.
Reviewed 17 October 2015

Both food and staff really good! Very friendly and certainly looked after us really well! The food was fab, lamb shank and sirloin steaks amazing, kids made to feel very welcome too.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

Had a great Rib-eye steak, my wife had a Sea bass, both cooked to perfection. Very attentive and superb service, would hope to return one day soon.

1  Thank stuart a
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Wonderful family supportive restaurant. Great attention to children and selection of suitable menu items. Love their chicken curry.

Reviewed 22 August 2015

I am a frequent diner in Schooners and in my opinion it ticks the boxes. Schooners is the restaurant in McKevitts Village Hotel which is a family run hotel. The food is unpretentious and honest and is prepared by Siobhan and her kitchen team. They create great luncheons and a very varied and healthy a la carte menu. If you are lucky enough to be there on a Monday night their special is two steaks with a choice of sauces inclusive of a bottle of wine for 50 Euros. Terry and the service staff always have a friendly word and a lovely welcome into this cosy bar restaurant. I note from another reviewer that they were sat next the toilets which amazed me as the toilets are located at the end of a corridor off the restaurant. Of course the same reviewer also stated that all his meal experiences in Carlingford were good which is contradictory to the review he wrote for Schooners.
Schooners does not pretend to be a fine dining restaurant, it is informal dining and the meal experience is very good and excellent value for money.
Be sure to treat yourself to some of Siobhan's homemade jams and chutneys before you leave.

1  Thank Anne D
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Not been to McKevitts for a while for food, but my most recent was 18th July.
Myself and my friend shared the 'Belly Pork' Salad to Start which was I have to say the most amazingly tasty salad I've had in a very long time. It was absolutely gorgeous.
I had the Lamb Tangine and my friend had the Sea Bass as our main courses, both absolutely lovely.
A BIG Bonus I got to have my first Arthur Guinness pint of Lager 'Hop House 13' :-)
Which was really nice too, I'm not really a beer drinker but I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 pints I did have.
Thanks for a lovely evening, the staff were all very knowledgeable of the menu and drinks on offer and also very pleasant team of people.
We WILL be back again