Sandhouse Hotel(Rossnowlagh)
US$ 146
Creevy Pier Hotel(Ballyshannon)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 116
Dun Na Si Guesthouse(Ballyshannon)
US$ 105
  • Breakfast included
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 135
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 151/night.

US$ 126
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 140
US$ 136
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsscampirossnowlagh beachoystersbooked a tablebriegreat tabledonegal baychowderstunning viewsmain coursewindow seatfirst classfew drinkslovely mealate herebar menufantastic food
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here one night during our Irish road trip. It’s nothing fancy, but it was a unique experience and just what we were hoping for.

We arrived around 7:00pm and had a delicious dinner in the dining room. The place was packed, so luckily we made a reservation. After a couple rounds of drinks, we went to our room around midnight to sleep.

The rooms are literally above the bar/restaurant, so we expected some noise. We heard what must’ve been a hastily arranged Irish jig contest (ok, I’m stereotyping), but things quieted down around 1:00am. I’m pretty sure we were the only Americans in the whole place, so it was fun to get away from the typical tourist crowds and stay with the locals for a change.

Freshly made breakfast was offered the next morning before we hit the road again. It was easily the best breakfast we had during our trip.

If you don’t mind a little noise, I’d definitely recommend Smugglers Creek Inn as an overnight pit stop.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This is our 4th visit and we were not disappointed at all.
As always the food was fabulous and the service first class I can highly recommend the seafood chowder and scampi.
The views from the restaurant are breath taking.
I would always recommend booking in advance as it does get very busy.
All in all great food good value in a beautiful setting.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2017

excellent beer and food at this cliff top inn. Booking highly recommended and the views are spectacular from the front restaurant even if its raining as it was on our visit. I recommend the Guinness and ale pie with mash

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank TreeTripper
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Recommended by friends who took us here for a Saturday night meal and evening.

The website describes it as "Seafood and grills, plus en suite rooms with free breakfast in old-world inn with sweeping bay view."

Menu is superb and you get either bar menu (in bar!) or restaurant menu.

Service is fantastic, menu superb and quality of food delicious. And the view across the bay is unbelievable.

We shared Brie between 2 for a starter (both couples), tasty local and real scampi with a panko crumb, melt in your mouth sirloin steaks with choice of butters or sauces, delightful desserts.

Extensive wine list too.

Will definitely be back.

Thanks to the team for giving us such a great night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Wasn't impressed I felt I was being a nuisance as I could not find any food which wouldn't trigger my allergies and illness. Therefore it took ages to choose as the allergy numbering system is not on the ordinary menus nor online which would have been very helpful as I could have pointed out to my family that it wasn't a suitable place for me. Eventually had a very dry fish dish as the dressing I suggested to the waitress, who was trying to help, wasn't on the meal. Salad was not well presented and I had potatoes. However I wasn't the only one disappointed, Dad and hubby commented that the food at an excellent hotel not too far was far better. I'm really sorry because I had wanted to have a fantastic meal, couldn't get in when we were in the area last time, at least I know now.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family