All reviewsscampirossnowlagh beachoystersgreat tablebriechowderdonegal baystunning viewsmain coursetroutwindow seatfirst classfabulous foodfew drinksate herebar menutop class
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This is our 4th visit and we were not disappointed at all.
As always the food was fabulous and the service first class I can highly recommend the seafood chowder and scampi.
The views from the restaurant are breath taking.
I would always recommend booking in advance as it does get very busy.
All in all great food good value in a beautiful setting.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2017

excellent beer and food at this cliff top inn. Booking highly recommended and the views are spectacular from the front restaurant even if its raining as it was on our visit. I recommend the Guinness and ale pie with mash

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank TreeTripper
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Recommended by friends who took us here for a Saturday night meal and evening.

The website describes it as "Seafood and grills, plus en suite rooms with free breakfast in old-world inn with sweeping bay view."

Menu is superb and you get either bar menu (in bar!) or restaurant menu.

Service is fantastic, menu superb and quality of food delicious. And the view across the bay is unbelievable.

We shared Brie between 2 for a starter (both couples), tasty local and real scampi with a panko crumb, melt in your mouth sirloin steaks with choice of butters or sauces, delightful desserts.

Extensive wine list too.

Will definitely be back.

Thanks to the team for giving us such a great night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Wasn't impressed I felt I was being a nuisance as I could not find any food which wouldn't trigger my allergies and illness. Therefore it took ages to choose as the allergy numbering system is not on the ordinary menus nor online which would have been very helpful as I could have pointed out to my family that it wasn't a suitable place for me. Eventually had a very dry fish dish as the dressing I suggested to the waitress, who was trying to help, wasn't on the meal. Salad was not well presented and I had potatoes. However I wasn't the only one disappointed, Dad and hubby commented that the food at an excellent hotel not too far was far better. I'm really sorry because I had wanted to have a fantastic meal, couldn't get in when we were in the area last time, at least I know now.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Ate here 2 nights in a row, good choice on menu with specials as well. Had the special one night which was sword fish and it was amazing. The food is fresh and very tasty. In busy times you would probably need to have booked and to get a window seat you definitely need to have booked.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple