Sandhouse Hotel
Creevy Pier Hotel(Ballyshannon)
US$ 115
Dorrian's Imperial(Ballyshannon)
US$ 151
Dun Na Si Guesthouse(Ballyshannon)
US$ 117
US$ 96
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 138/night.

Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 131/night.

US$ 94
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$ 114
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 135/night.

Fitzgerald's Hotel(Bundoran)(Great Value!)
US$ 131
Agoda.com
US$ 140
US$ 136
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrossnowlagh beachsand housesea viewmarine spasurfers barfour poster bednooks and cranniessunday lunchreception areaopen firewild atlantic waydining room ischowderglasshouse restaurantthird floorsecond to nonebit dated
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Had our wedding at The Sandhouse Hotel & Marine Spa. The staff, food, service, value, scenery & accommodation was terrific. We would highly recommend this venue for wedding or luxury break.Loved it so much, we are booked in again for romantic break!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah O
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I am simply undecided on this hotel which is located in what must be one of the most breathtaking locations in Ireland. Rossnowlagh beach is stunning and the hotel is at its edge...the weather over the weekend was beautiful and my husband and myself had high hopes for a rare night away.
The positives are many: Waking up to the sound of the sea, the views( particularly in the spacious bedrooms and dining room)and friendly staff are a reason to return... but it has to be the most confusing hotel to navigate that I have visited for some time, and the bar (accessed from the main hotel by going behind the counter...)is horrible, no atmosphere whatsoever and simply ugly. We arrived Saturday afternoon looking forward to a quiet hour reading our newspapers and some nice lunch perhaps, we were disappointed!.The bar menu is awful sandwiches/toasties and a chowder served in the smallest bowl imaginable with one slice of brown soda bread, served by a busy barlady who although pleasant was run off her feet. Reception with its open fire is nice, but dark(and the toilets need attention) and the other seating areas that we found.. resemble a nursing homes dayroom with dated furniture and no atmosphere whatsoever.
We booked dinner for 7pm the dining room is looking directly onto the beach. Beautiful. The menu and wine list read very well but food delivery was far too speedy and although we didn't feel rushed it was not as it could be. My seabass was good but accompanied by a tiny portion of very overcooked veg( unimaginative and bland) and fishcake starter a huge disappointment( also a coffee machine would be a wise investment the coffee was awful.).My Hendricks was served in a plain glass with regular tonic...a nice wide glass and a little cucumber would have made all the difference..........
After dinner, the only place to unwind seemed to be this aforementioned AWFUL bar where three huge tvs were on with no one watching them (football) I asked at reception was there anywhere to watch the end of The Eurovision, ask at the bar...I asked, it didn't happen......We retired to our room and watched it there...there was a nice residents alcove beside the dining room, had there been a lamp switched on we may have sat for a while.. it was in complete uninviting darkness...Again,could do better.
Beds are comfortable and clean and breakfast with views over the sandy beach lovely(and leaf tea a nice treat) Breakfast is served 8-10 and checkout is 11am.. earlier than we would be used to and another point of note.
We did not have time to explore the spa but reviews are good and Voya products are used so it would be something I will do if we return.
Although pets were welcome in the past this no longer applies.
.........So we checked out (very pleasant but as not one member of staff had a name badge I cannot praise by name) and walked the beach.....Will we return??........
This hotels location should make it FEEL a lot more special than it does, a few simple changes would make a huge difference as the summer season approaches.. maybe some comment cards in rooms might give you more feedback. Theres a great product here, great staff and great potential..The first thing I would take a closer look at is that bar....residents need a place to RELAX... Maybe there is one...... and I couldnt FIND it..!...

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kayla9
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, was great as we could bring our wee dog. He’s like our baby and was brilliant being able to bring him with us. I think the rules were changing tho. The staff were lovely. The room was clean and nice view of the water. Over all a nice time away.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy T
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This was my first trip to Ireland, and the Sandhouse Hotel was a delight. Rooms were clean, and roomy, and the ocean view was excellent. This was during "off season" so it was not "hoppin". Staff was very attentive, and were pulling double duties cheerfully as there were very few guests. Dining room views were spectacular, it was an awesome setting, oh yea the food was good too! They have a cute little bar off to the side that we utilized one night to watch the football/soccer game. We had been out most of the day sightseeing and had a late lunch in town so we were not sure we wanted a full dinner at the hotel. Front desk advised that the bar has "ready made" pizza and "bar food" items as another option for us, so we didn't have to drive (not much in walking distance). It was exactly what we needed and turned out to be a very enjoyable and relaxing evening. Would most definitely recommend and visit again!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have an ocean view?
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank pmac8285
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Just returned from 3 wonderful nights at the Sandhouse. Where to start? Our room was spotless with breathtaking ocean views. We planned to have dinner one night and sample other spots the next two, but after the first dinner we went nowhere else. Breakfast was exceptionally good and the dining room, with fantastic views is to die for. Mr. Diver and his entire staff were warm, friendly and efficient. I can only summize that any negative reviews predated the current management because I could not have been more impressed, and I have visited Ireland 29 times. I will not hesitate to recommend the Sandhouse to my friends.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have a fantastic sea view.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple