Sandhouse Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Creevy Pier Hotel(Ballyshannon)
Dorrian's Imperial(Ballyshannon)
Great 4.5/5
Dun Na Si Guesthouse(Ballyshannon)
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
Fitzgerald's Hotel(Bundoran)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssand houserossnowlagh beachsea viewmarine spasurfers barfour poster bednooks and cranniesantique furniturefull body massagesunday lunchwild atlantic wayreception areacharming hotelopen fireglasshouse restauranthakedining room is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and i stayed at the Sandhouse hotel from friday 13th for two nights, and had dinner in the restaurant both nights. We had a very enjoyable weekend, as we were celebrating my husbands birthday, and everything we received at the Sandhouse from we arrived was exceptional, accomadation, food, staff and the manager taking the time to see if everything was to our satisfaction, which it certainly was. We wish them every success, and will be back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a seaveiw, you will not be dissappointed
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a four night break at the Sandhouse Hotel. Everything was perfect. The place, the food, the room, the staff; all faultless.
Great served breakfasts cooked freshly for each guest, well done Caroline and all the waitresses.
The manager/owner Paul was always on hand when the staff were busy to ensure that everything was running smoothly. Well done to the chef to produce such a wonderful roast duckling for Saturday dinner when the kitchen must have been hectic. The Surf bar staff were friendly and efficient.
The room service was invisible and yet our room was always clean. I could find fault somewhere I suppose, but I would only be selfish so that I would not have to share this example of Irish hospitality at its best with so many others. Well done the Sandhouse and see you all soon again

1  Thank Pgor
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We spent Easter weekend at this Hotel, weather was not great but hotel is superb.
The location rigght on the beach is stunning, I enjoyed the surfing, and my wife enjoyed the spa.
The food in the dining room is excellent, the4 rooms and service were also excellent.
An Innkeepers Inn, white table cloths, service as it should bbe, we will return.

Room Tip: A seaview is a bonus
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I have stayed in the sandhouse hotel 3 times and I have to say that it is one of my favourite hotels in the world! It exudes old world charm. Book a room with a sea view and at night the large bay windows make you feel like you are actually at sea. The rooms are very large - the furnishings although not modern are of a very good quality. I love all the quirky lounge areas scattered around the hotel and the glasshouse restaurant has the most amazing views. This hotel has an atmosphere and ambience that I have not experienced anywhere else. I certainly am looking forward to planning my next stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovestravel172
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We have just spent a few days at the Sandhouse in the rain and we both really enjoyed it. The staff were so friendly and helpful. On our last night, we decided to go to the Smugglers' restaurant and asked the receptionist to book us a taxi. As she was having difficulty getting one, the other receptionist offered to take us and collect us. Breakfast in the morning was excellent and it was great that our order was taken at the table and brought to us. Much better than a buffet. Our room was on the top floor and was very comfortable. My one criticism was that there wasn't individual toiletries, just bottles of soap and hand cream attached to the wall. We had dinner in the hotel on 2 nights and the food was of a high standard. I was a little disappointed that the menu didn't change each night even a little as suggested on the website. We definitely intend going back in the summer when the weather is hopefully better.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room with a sea view. A twin room has a double and a single bed in it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Aerobird
PDiver, General Manager at Sandhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. We will take your comments on board also. Kind regards Paul