“POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE-GOOD TV RECEPTION NOT TO BE EXPECTED”
Review of Sandhouse Hotel

Sandhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rossnowlagh
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend for one night. I was very disappointed with this hotel, firstly we were not allowed to check into our room until 4pm even though their website states check in is from 2pm. When we got into our room, the reception on the TV was awful. We questioned this with the girl at reception who told us we could not expect a decent TV reception was we were "not close enough to the roof and therefore the connection couldn't expected to be good". The attitude of the receptionist was disappointing as she displayed little in the way of customer service. They did change the TV to a small flatscreen but the reception did not improve. One good point was the location and breakfast which were exceptional. Overall disappointed with the hotel, I would not recommend anyone to stay here and I will certainly not be returning in the future. On a side note, I wrote a letter of complaint to the hotel manager and I did not receive a requested response. Again shocking customer service displayed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank John S
PDiver, Manager at Sandhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted you enjoyed your breakfast and out location. Unfortunately we have a price to pay for our stunning location, a poor tv reception. Given that we are located practically on the beach surrounded by cliffs and beautiful mountains it is very difficult to get a perfect tv reception all of the time so I do sincerely apologise that we could not provide you with a clear reception on your television..

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I with our two kids are just back from a 1 night stay here,and we were dying to stay longer but couldnt,due to work commitments..we loved our connecting rooms with sea view! It was very warm everywhere in the hotel...a warm hotel lobby is indeed hard to find..very comfy beds..lashings of hot water and excellent dinner(though my cod was very well cooked!!...) and breakfast,served at the table,which is also a rare pleasure! The staff were all lovely and we tried to book again,but alas they close for the winter...a real gem...on a beautiful beach...sigh...we'll be back!

Room Tip: Definitely one with a sea view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We returned a year to The Sandhouse this year. It was like returning home to a warm family embrace. Paul, the manager, was extremely concerned we were well taken care of. No problem there! As we found on our first trip to the Sandhouse, the fireplace is inviting, the food is exceptional, the services outstanding, and there is nothing better than a Tullamore Dew for viewing the bay.
We took a trip into Ballyshannon via a marker for a W W II plaque commenorating an American plane that crashed. Our taxi mates had a relative who had been on the plane that crashed. We had told Elizabeth at reception we were quite ignorant about the event. When we returned from Ballyshannon, Elizabeth handed us a printout of the history about the plane crash. A fellow history buff!
You cannot go wrong by choosing to stay at The Sandhouse for whatever reason, be it business, a celebration, or just a holiday.

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a room overlooking the bay. Sunsets are spectacular and if the moon is full, th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank StoneWiegman
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I spent three nights in the Sandhouse on a business trip. I travel frequently and stay in a great number of hotels and my time at the Sandhouse ranks extremely favourably among them. I had a third floor room that had a stunning view out over the bay. The room was equipped with a four poster bed and the bathroom, although compact, was to a high standard. The service was exemplary and the food very good. Even though it rained for the a large time that I was in Rossnowlagh I enjoyed the experience so much that I will be back, next time for leisure, and the hotel is as a much a draw as the countryside around.

Room Tip: Go for a third floor with a bay view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ADSSouthCoast
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Thank you so much for a fantastic stay we all really enjoy it. The hotel is friendly spotless cosy comfortable and the sea view from the room was breath taking. A must for anyone who wants to have a weekend away in sheer comfort

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossnowlagh
17.6 km away
9.6 km away
The Holyrood Hotel
The Holyrood Hotel
#2 of 5 in Bundoran

Been to Sandhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK