“Pretty good”
Review of Hotel Selfoss

Hotel Selfoss
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Selfoss
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here in November, 2011. I arrived there really early since my flight got in at 6:45AM. I ate breakfast at the hotel since nothing was open at the time. I only booked the hotel for one evening and technically, I would only get free breakfast the next day. But the hotel staff was nice enough to let me eat free!
The room was clean and roomy. I had a nice view of the river. The sink is rather small. Even though the hotel has free wi-fi, only a small portion of the hotel can get the signal. The room I stayed in doesn't have wi-fi access, so I had to sit in the hotel lobby or in the restaurant to access the Internet.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We travelled around Iceland and unfortunately Hotel Selfoss was the worst hotel we stayed in. I have stayed in hotels were rooms are tired, but I don't mind if they are clean. We had to move rooms as our first room had a weaking shower and cobwebs around the windows.

In the second the rooms still was not clean enough. Rooms on the 4th floor seemed not to have been cleaned for a long time.

The hotel itself is fine, but room did not live up to 2 star standard let alone 4 stars.

To give the hotel their due they did discount our stay but I feel that was due to a lot of complaints.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed at Hotel Selfoss because we couldn't find a room in Reykjavik! We ended up renting a car and discovered that staying outside Reykjavik is great for accessing the countryside: Eyjafjallajokull, the golden circle, etc. Hotel Selfoss is a well deserved 4-star hotel - no, it doesn't have internet in the rooms but in all the common areas - a great restaurant, an ample complimentary breakfast, spacious double rooms, etc. A great value!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of a tour. Noticed there were other tour groups there, too, because it is probably the only hotel that can accommodate groups. Selfoss itself doesn't have much to offer, except for a nice river. Rooms at this hotel can have river views, which ours did, along with a view of the local church. Best part is that it is one block from various food options. Great hot-dog stand (Iceland being famous for its hot dogs), plus Thai and pizza. By Icelandic standards, this is a vast assortment. Can walk into town; not much there, but while driving through there is an excellent bakery and also a great gelato shop. Found homemade tuna salad in the bakery frig for about $4 U.S. Grab a roll, and you are in business. Good alternative to the ubiquitous hot dog if you are on a budget. Dinner at the hotel was excellent. Breakfast OK with hard scrambled eggs and some meat. Comfortable rooms. Good base of operations.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelfan
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I have to give this Hotel a rave review for travel accommodation and managment services! I was stuck in NYC because of Hurricane Irene on August 26, 2011, my flight to Iceland for August 27, 2011 was cancelled and the earliest fight Delta could put me on was August 31, 2011, but my vacation time is only up to September 2, 2011. I had to cancel and the Hotel only received my notice on the date of my check in. But, they totally, 100% understood ( this was a nonrefundable package through Orbitz). I heard horror stories from others who booked via Orbitz and hotels in Spain refused to refund. But, not Iceland and not Spa Hotel Selfoss. I got back my monies. What I intend to do is rebook in the future and yes with Hotel Solfoss!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selfoss
18.2 km away
50.5 km away
ION Adventure Hotel
ION Adventure Hotel
#6 of 8 in Selfoss

Been to Hotel Selfoss? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK