“TERRIBLE!!”

Express Inn
Express Inn
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stayed here for two nights. My husband and I...our two sons and their wives and our granddaughter. There was NO sign of it being or have even been a Howard Johnson's. There was a mattress pad hanging on the pool fence all day and night.....finally was removed the next day. The pool was fine but the hot tub didn't work. The owner/manager came out and was very rude to my youngest son and yelled at him because he was using a "room" towel...said he knew better because he had come to the office to get pool towels. We tried to explain to him that it was our other son that had gone to get towels...actually wanted room towels and was given pool towels that were the size of a large hand towel. We didn't even know that pool towels existed til then and had been there already for a day and night...The breakfast room was locked when our daughter in law went to get coffee even tho it was supposed to be open when she went. We were given rooms with a vacant room in between us...
Our son heard their adjoining door knob trying to open in the middle of the night. The room adjoining theirs was vacant. I can not recommend this hotel at all. I was sooooo disappointed because I had seen good reviews........

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PatyBo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

After reading other reviews, I almost canceled my reservation. I'm so glad I didn't!!!! I called ahead to verify my booking, because it was booked third party. The gentleman in the phone was very pleasant. When I arrived, I was checked in right away, despite the fact I arrived earlier than I said I would. The hotel is small and older, but they have done a wonderful job at keeping it up to date. The pool was well maintained, despite the ton of rain that came through. There was a trolly stop, right out front.. no need to pay for parking anywhere.. if you could find parking that is. The hotel is located just up the road from the Passion Play and was in a fairly quiet part of town. Everyone was pleasant during my entire stay. Looking forward to staying there again!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

kind of a creepy off the beaten path hole in the wall. the price was right, though. the owner stalks around and watches everything you do. i got yelled at for using the wrong kind of towel at the pool even though there are no signs saying you have to use a certain type of towel. the hot tub was barely warmer than the main pool. the next morning he MADE me put a lid on my coffee cup at the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We booked this room late in the evening due to a late arrival time. When we arrived the doors were locked. Finally the manager answered the door like we were bothering him. Rushed through checking in he then tells me how to use the shower. This was supposed to be a romantic get away that turned south very quickly. When we were given our room we were on the back side of the building it was late after midnight. There was a laundry cart sitting on the sidewalk with the manager standing next to it. He just stared and stared. Forgot something in the car went out to be stared at again. There was a door in our room that connected to the next room. There was a small door lock that was it. I swear we heard the door open and close at one point. Then our phone rang several times and the manager was beating on our door. Again romantic weekend so I told him to wait a minute he was screaming that we were smoking. We were not the room was stuffy when we got there. Luckily we had paid cash and left our keys on the table when we left. Wouldn't have mattered as the manager deactivated our keys and we were supposed to stay another day. Found a better hotel. The manager reported that we never checked in so he would not have to pay the booking fee. Bad experience. My companion was more than creeped out luckily our getaway was not ruined by this guy.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrincessMia75
Reviewed 20 May 2017

There was hair on my sheets and the manager was not a nice person. They even charged me 2.00 for an extra blanket and there were NO toiletries in the room at all. I guess we were lucky we got toilet paper.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family