“Best Italian meal I’ve had in awhile”

Ermilio's Italian Home Cooking
Ranked #10 of 138 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’m sad we didn’t try Ermilio’s during our first visit to Eureka a few years ago. We have been missing out! This place is fantastic!

We came on a Thursday night and nearly every table was taken but we got seated right away. Our server, Carolyn (I believe was her name), was great. So attentive and charming. The ambiance here is awesome... it’s located in a house and it’s adorably decorated. You feel as if you’re eating at your grandma’s house.

First, they bring you bread, butter, and roasted garlic. SO good. We ordered the mussels for an appetizer. It was my first time trying mussels and they did not disappoint. The broth/sauce they are served in is to die for. Seriously. We couldn’t get enough and kept dunking our bread in the sauce and hated to see any of it go not eaten. You get a small salad with your entrees and all of their dressing is homemade. I recommend the blue cheese. For our main course, I had the mushroom ravioli with Alfredo sauce and my boyfriend had the gnocchi with pesto. Both were great, hot, fresh, and perfectly portioned! Carolyn recommended a side of Gorgonzola sauce to go with my boyfriend’s pesto and he loved it! We were too stuffed to attempt dessert, but my boyfriend ended his meal with an espresso.

Go to this place!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There's a reason Ermilio's has been drawing us back for over 30 years (yes we've been going to Eureka Springs that long). It's authentic, family Italian and the food is heart, comforting and so, so satisfying.

I'm not sure how recently, but I know it's been in the last few years they have renovated the interior and it's much nicer. The theme is black and white, with lots of family photos on the walls, with the entry way in black and white stripes. There's also a waiting area inside now upstairs where you can get drinks while waiting for a table. While I've always loved the place, the renovations really make it more elegant.

Tables can be a little tight as this is a house converted to restaurant. If you enjoy people watching and seeing other travelers enjoying Eureka Springs, or meeting locals, this is great! Or you can just retreat into your own world eating delicious pasta, meatballs, the fish of the day, and their homebaked bread.

This is a favorite with locals and is VERY busy during the high tourist season. Be aware you might have to wait. Please be patient with your server and realize you are on holiday. It's all good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely dinner date with my husband here. Great food and atmosphere. Will definitely go again for another date w/hubby

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. I recommend the gnocchi with Alfredo sauce!! They have great salads and drinks!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a multi generational Italian family restaurant. Years of recipe success handed down - just like Mama used to make. Every menu item will satisfy. If you've never done Ermilio's, you must. If you have done Ermilio's then get back there again-and-again. Cheers!