See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely family friendly log cabin site had a lovely relaxing holiday value for money would recommend visiting this site. Central to all Lakeland areas and lots to do and explore. Log cabins clean and tidy and everything you need for a lovely holiday

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Oark
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Our family decided to get a way to celebrate our parents 55th wedding anniversary. Traveling with 3 families (16 of us), Our parents were so elated with the beautiful decor and the size of the cabins. We got 2 cabins and were very comfortable had plenty of space and the kitchen is stocked with everything you need. The beds were a big hit for parents since they are getting up there in age. Everyone enjoyed the deer that came through every morning and night. And the peacefulness was so needed. We were just 15 minutes from downtown so it was perfect not to be in the busy area all of the time, we could just go back to the cabin and BBQ or play games. The cabins are just 3 miles to Starkey Marina where we rented a pontoon boat, Beaver Lake is so gorgeous. The staff here were very accommodating and very pleasant too. We cannot wait to go back this summer. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!!

Room Tip: Great Beds, Convenient to the Lake, Peaceful
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2016

The cabins are amazing and my family had a great time over spring break '16. Thank you to the staff for being so pleasant. It's fairly close to everything. Everything we needed to cook was there. We will certainly be back soon.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bbcode3
lakeforestcabins, Owner at Lake Forest Luxury Log Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

We truly appreciate you staying with us and look forward to accommodating you again in the near future! Thank you :)

Reviewed 11 September 2015

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights and absolutely loved the peace and quiet. We stayed in Cabin 4 - Whitetail. We saw so many whitetail deer there during our whole stay. The cabin was decorated beautifully. Large living room/bedroom with sofa and fireplace. Huge full kitchen. Large bathroom with nice sized Jacuzzi. Huge porch and deck out back. The lower level of the cabin can be rented as well if you have a large group of people.

At night the sound of the insects was deafening, it was so cool! And unbelievably, there were no mosquitos! It had A/C but we just ran it during the day while we were out and then opened up the windows when we got back and slept with them opened. Bed was very comfortable. Jacuzzi awesome. Walked down the hill behind the cabin which is a bit steep.

Resort is across the road from Beaver Lake which is beautiful. However, there are no restaurants on the lake except for a scuba store and a marina that serves frozen pizzas. Weird. Would have like to had dinner somewhere overlooking the lake.

Rented canoes at Spider Lake Resort and went canoeing on the White River which is ice cold. I guess because it's spring fed. Canoe rental only $20 for the day. Beaver Lake is a dammed up lake and has a little swimming area and the water was warm.

Drove into Eureka Springs. Had a drink at the Sky Bar at the Crescent Hotel. Amazing views, be sure and check it out!! Walked around town and ate lunch on the porch at the Basin Hotel. Sloppy Sandwich (pulled pork) was delicious. Shopped at Hart's Grocery for food. Went to Booze Brothers to pick up some wine. For some reason the price of wine is very high in Eureka Springs, not sure why. Better to bring your own.

Checked out Lake Shore Cabins which are right on Beaver Lake. They are the same exact cabins but right on the lake. Very nice but Lake Forest Cabins are way more quiet and secluded. Went swimming in the pool and it was great!

Never did get to meet Maria, the owner. But she was so nice and accommodating over the phone when making our reservations. We definitely recommend this resort!! Thanks, Maria!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BlueEyedTravelers
Reviewed 11 May 2015

My boyfriend and I traveled here from St. Louis, MO (We are both mid-twenties). We just wanted a weekend away from the city and somewhere quiet. These cabins were about a 5-hour drive from where we live, so it was nearly the farthest we were willing to drive for a weekend away. It was so worth it!

The cabin smelled and looked great and extremely clean. Even all of the kitchen appliances and gadgets were spotless. We went to the grocery in town and brought back food to prepare for meals and found everything we needed in the fully equipped kitchen.

Since I hadn't read anything about the bed or furnishings, I kind of set my hopes low for quality but I was pleasantly surprised to find a VERY comfortable king (maybe California king?) bed, with extra pillows and blankets already furnished in the little closet.

We lucked out with some nice weather and ventured out to the historic downtown area just to look around. It was very nice and everyone was very friendly. We just wish we had learned where there was good access to Beaver Lake, as we would have liked to swim. But we found ourselves busy enough playing backgammon on the back porch, cooking dinner, and enjoying life away from great cell service or wifi (which was appreciated!! But as an FYI: My cell service is AT&T and I had between 1 and 2 bars while in the cabin. My boyfriend has Sprint and he didn't have service in the cabin).

Overall, the staff was friendly, the cabin was clean, the scenery was breathtaking. I would highly recommend this cabin to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple