“Very nice experience”
Review of Caribe Restaurante & Cantina - CLOSED

Caribe Restaurante & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 19 April 2012

If you like mole, theirs is very good. It's Panamanian/Cuban food, very fresh. The meal was delicious, good service, charming dining room. We walked around and some of the rooms were a little damp-smelling, but we noticed this in other area eateries. The art is interesting.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We were ushered down into the dungeon that they call cantina. It was dirty, food was overpriced for the quality which was poor, and the house margarita's were unbearable.

Don't waste your time go to Local Flavor instead!

4  Thank Brandon M
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We asked every local in Eureka we came across what was the best place to eat and no one would pin down the BEST local restaurants until finally a shop owner told us about the Caribe Restaurant. My husband and I were soooo glad he did. The salsa platter was phenomenal. I believe there were 7 different salsa's to choose from with varying levels of "spice" as well as cilantro sour cream and homemade chips. It was so good, I even bought a jar of the pineapple salsa to take home, and in retrospect wish I had gotten more! I had the chicken fajitas and they were also superb. The food quality, proportion, and presentation was excellent. We also loved that the restaurant was a little away from the downtown area so we could just drive right up into their private parking lot. They do keep unusual hours, though, so make sure it's open... I believe they list it on their sign.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We almost left when we saw the menu. Its not Mexican. But we are sooooooooooo happy we didn't. The salsa is fresh, homemade. The fajita's were tender and fantastic. Shrimp mango habanero dish was to die for, huge pieces of shrimp. Then you must try the key lime pie for dessert. The owner came out to check on us. Loved it. I wish they were in our town.

1  Thank sandyd8173
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Had dinner here on a Saturday night for my mom's birthday. Great experience. We had the salsa platter and it was well worth it. We are trying to eat healthy and the chips and salsa was a perfect starter for a group. Each was made fresh and you could tell. It wasn't the typical all-you-can eat salsa and chips and that was refreshing.

I had a non corn syrup Coke in a bottle and it was a great compliment to the meal. Everyone' at our table could not stop talking about how much flavor and how good each bite was. Sure the service was a little slow but that meant we got to hang out and talk more with each other. It gets tiring going to cookie cutter Mexican restaurants and this place flips those on their collective heads.

1  Thank Brian M