“Funny, how many frogs can you count?”

Frog Fantasies Museum
Grove, Oklahoma
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Funny, how many frogs can you count?”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We laughed and talked about all we saw here and even bought a frog item.
Not to be taken too seriously! If you want a laugh and a memory, go here.

Visited May 2011
3 Thank Tess H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Frog Fantasy is a little shop with SO...”
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Frog Fantasy is a little shop with SO much charm and character. The lovely, sweet elderly couple (the Mesas) are worth the adventure by itself... in addition to the many one-is-a-kind frogs. Our visit will be long remembered.

8 Thank TexasMorgans
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“It's not just about the frogs....”
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I am not a frog collector but wanted to stop in this shop because it seemed out of the ordinary. We were greeted by the sweetest couple. Mrs. Mesa knows every piece in that shop! She can tell you the history behind each one, the era in which it was made, etc. My fiance' sat in the adjorning room visiting with Mr. Mesa & really enjoyed himself. While showing me pieces that my daughter might like based on her hobbies & interests, I informed Mrs. Mesa we were in Eureka Springs to be married the next day. She then began showing me her numerous other beautiful collections, during which she insisted I take a beautiful cross necklace as a wedding gift! I later found a chain at another shop & wore it during our wedding the next day. I could have stayed all day listening & learning the history behind all of the wonderful pieces in this quaint shop. Thank you, Mr & Mrs Mesa!

6 Thank okienat
OKLAHOMA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The frogs are the attraction, the Mesas are the treasure.”
Reviewed 11 June 2010

One need not be a frog lover to fall in love with the people behind Frog Fantasies. Mr. and Mrs. Mesa are a treasure in themselves, let alone their wonderful and quite extensive frog collection. This is not a bunch of frog-themed rubbish, this is a fabulous collection of every type of frog imaginable.

In early June 2010, my husband and I planned a trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Imagine my delight as a frog lover to find a frog museum on Trip Advisor.

The last post about Frog Fantasies was over ten years old, so I was disappointed that we may not be able to meet them. Imagine our surprise when Mr. Mesa, now 94 years young, opened the door to greet us, followed by Mrs. Mesa, who is now 77.

They gave us a very informative and fun tour of the collection, though since they have recently moved to the lower level of the building, quite a bit of the frogs are still in storage
and boxes until the move is complete. As spry as they both are, I'm not sure I could endure three flights up at half their age. Oh, the stories they could, and do, tell.

Beautiful frogs, cute frogs, funny frogs, you name it. Frog costumes, towels, garden statuary, jewelry, trinkets, clothing, rugs, suncatchers and everything else in between. All items are for sale as well as admiration, so don't forget to take home a souvenir.

If you have the opportunity to meet the Mesas, you will leave with a happy heart, and most likely a few froggy friends.

6 Thank WUVIE
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Frog-wonderful”
Reviewed 6 July 2007

A must see when you go to Eureka Springs, whether you like frogs or not. We encountered it years ago and stop by every time. We love talking with the owners. They are wonderful people. The frogs are fabulous. And we always seem to leave a new frog item.

4 Thank monkeytrashman