“Stunning, Surreal and a great place to...”
Terrace in front of living room
Exterior View of La Casa Colibri Heated plunge Pool with Sauna, Fireplace and Waterfall
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Exterior View of La Casa Colibri
Heated plunge Pool with Sauna, Fireplace and Waterfall
Swimming pool at sunset..
Living Room
Dining Room at Sunset
Rooftop Hammock Deck
Rooftop Hammock Deck
Terrace in front of dining room
Bedroom #2

Spanish first
Any
lexus1155
san luis obispo CA
“Stunning, Surreal and a great place to re-energize...”
Reviewed 8 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Casa Colibri and the entire staff are top notch. I take tour groups through Guatemala, Hawaii, Fiji and New Zealand so I have seen my share of properties. The best reviews are the ones that are short but tell you all you need to know. What you need to know concerning Casa Colibri is to just book it, the location, views and staff will take care of the rest !!!! Highly recommended....

josephmcc...
Tbilisi, Georgia
“Unforgettable”
Reviewed 6 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This is actually the second time we have stayed at Casa Colibri. To be perfectly honest, we love it. It is the perfect place for a gathering of friends. Both times we have shared the house with a group of good friends. And for a stiutation like that it works perfectly. Up to 5 couples-parties each have their own very private bedroom. Four of the bedrooms have drop dead views of the lake.
Angela is an amazing chef. We so enjoyed wonderful, gourmet dinners served beautifully at the end of a busy day of walking and taking in the lake villages.
And then there is Lake Atitlan, an ever present mystic being, changing colors, moving in strange patterns between the volcanoes.
Highly recommended.

Les O
“Luxury off the beaten path”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The view from the house of the lake and surrounding mountain range is breathtaking, your staff attentive, and the accommodations superlative. My wife and I look forward to our next visit to your lovely house.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
KMac8
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“They thought of everything...and the view!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I have wanted to stay at La Casa Colibri since I saw it for the first time in January of 2015 while visiting Guatemala for work. In full disclosure, I am good friends with the owner. We've known each other for 20 years and both of us have traveled many places and stayed in all kinds of accommodations from dumpy budget to luxurious high life. Once I saw this home that he designed, built, and decorated, I knew that I wanted to organize a group of friends to come down and stay there. So we finally did that last month! The house is so nicely appointed (I call it ethici rustic elegance) at the price point, can suit a family or several families as we were. We have a cook the whole time we were there which took out that decision point from our day-and we ate fabulously well. I loved the details in the home, and I loved how quiet it was. One morning I woke up very early, sat on my balcony and I could hear a man singing in his canoe down on the lake! So peaceful! Besides how amazing the space is, you will appreciate the level of service you receive. David cares deeply about making sure all of your questions are answered (he was always in communication with upcoming visitors), all of the details taken care of-and that your vacation suits you and your style and expectations. As he says, he can arrange a totally hands-off experience OR he can make sure you have assistance in all of your bookings above and beyond the hotel. I have sent many people to David, even just to get recommendations and he always obliges. So what you get here is not only a wonderful home where you can relax, you get a level of caring service you likely won't get many other places. It's a great choice and my friends and I were reluctant to move on with our trip-we could have easily extended our 4-night stay to a week. Or more! Enjoy!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the view, the calm, the price
Liked least: nothing to complain of!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mojapan
Los Angeles, California
“Stunning Vistas, Friendly Staff and Terrific Food....Just Book It”
Reviewed 11 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Stunning vistas, friendly staff and terrific food

We came to Colibri for a reunion with a group of 12 for four nights and fell in love with the house, staff, and vistas.

Truly, if you want to experience the magic of Guatemala’s Lake Atitlán, then a stay at Casa Colibri is a must. As many reviewers have mentioned, staying here is more than a vacation rental, it's magical carpet ride in paradise and by far one of the best moments in our trip through Guatemala.

The home perfectly blends both inside and outside living with doors and windows throughout the house framing the lake and its three volcano’s with dreamy vistas, beautiful sunsets and since we were there during the rainy season, we were blessed with an occasional evening filled with rolling claps of thunder and bursts of lightening, which enhanced the majesty of the lake.

The house itself is a mixed Mediterranean villa accented with beautiful furniture, excellent beds, great bathrooms and local touches throughout, such as the palm thatched palapa soaring in the living room, beautiful folk art gracing the walls, iron chandeliers and soothing waterfalls at both the entrance and at the dining room. Plus the pool and sauna are amazing. Our group gleefully took advantage of both. Overall, the attention to detail throughout is impeccable and everything is selected with care. Honestly, the entire home is straight out of a design magazine.

Please don’t skip the breakfast nor dinner for that matter. Carmen makes a superb meal to start the day off and her sister Angela does an equally fantastic job with dinner. I can’t emphasize enough how nice it was to come home to a deliciously home cooked meal after a full day of sightseeing.

Lastly, The entire Colibri staff is AMAZING and the house concierge can help make arrangements for you to go to a market, zip lining, or hire a boat to explore the many villages that surround the lake and beyond.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The vistas, staff and amenities
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing