“Forget Thursday nights if you want to have some sleep!”
Review of Hotel del Sur

Hotel del Sur
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Hotel is a type of resort and does have a great pool, good restaurant , nice staff there who made sure I got what I wanted to eat...sushi is great . BUT I happened to stay over on a thursday night which is KARAOKE night and it's not the singing that is so terrible but the BASS of the sound system which resounded in my ears all nigh from 7pm to 2am, yes 2AM and my room was the furthest from the event which happens EVERY THURSDAYS. First, lower the sound system even when people are not there!!!! and maybe end it at midnight!!!! this is ridiculously loud since the rooms are not very insulated nor up to standards, I had a superior room with AC and had to have it one just to deaden the noise of the drums....not a happy customer. I was there to attend a seminar the next day and the staff was totally unaware of it, nor had the place ready for that seminar and it's organizers. NOT GOOD.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank ferraricolette

Reviewed 13 September 2016

This RCI affiliated property has many features that could make it great; on property casino, hugh resort style pool, poolside cabana with bar, secluded hot tub, tennis courts and a fully equipped free standing gym with lockers and showers plus available trainers, an open air restaurant that at times is better than the overall experience. Hopefully, upgrades to plumbing fixtures, air conditioners, and mattresses will make Hotel del Sur again a destination to attend and not avoid.

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank 1ticoboy
Reviewed 22 July 2016

This place is very sketchy, and no customer service skills at all. Let me start by saying I felt a negative vibe from the front desk receptionist when I showed her my passport for ID during check-in. By all means, don't get jelly cause I'm a Hispanic American born and raise in the U.S.A. It also felt like they didn't want to be there and work. Anywho, the rooms aren't your average hotel rooms, the beds are hard and bathroom looks like a scene from the movie, "SAW." The entry door knob for the room is super flimsy, not safe at all, my 5yr. old could donkey kick it once, and bam, you're in. Sorry, but I have to point this out to all my Expedia and online booking users. When you book online, they automatically throw you in the low budget rooms with no amenities. This place is a scam vending machine. Of course, we need a safe box since we carry valuables, but they had the nerve to say if you want one, you have to upgrade your room to get one...I'm like what, really..what a shame..a safe box is standard in any hotel...smh. Plus they plant a bunch of Peer Pressure snacks and beverages in your room, ready to charge you double for each item. You also have to sign out if you want to use an iron, hair dryer, and other stuff. Moreover, the pool is big, but too many locals hanging around, who aren't staying in the hotel. I found out some locales just pay to use the pool and others sneak it, no Bueno. Luckily, It was only a 2-night stay, thank goodness, and mostly during the day I was gone and returned at night just to sleep. Also, I took the risk on leaving my valuables in the room when I was gone. Overall, I will not return, and recommend others to extend your research when booking online, call them up and make sure on what you really getting with your stay. This place is not my cup of tea, but I had no choice.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DjEq Q
Reviewed 4 February 2016

This has to be the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in. I get that it's a casino and runs to late at night but the outside Karaoke bar was over the top. Then at 5:30 in the morning the outside crew starts running power equipment outside your windows. I wouldn't stay here again.

But giving credit where due the rooms were ok, dated but clean. If not for the noise I would have gave the place a ok rating.

Room Tip: Stay out of 201
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlbertaBushman
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

I did't stay in the hotel but I did have lunch in the restaurant. There's a sushi menu that I suggest you take a look at. I ordered a salad and a boat with different types of sushi. I must admit that the sushi was very well prepared. The technique was very good and everything I tried was tasty! So if you are all the way here and you have a sushi craving. Go for it!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gabzzzz
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Isidro del General
Best Western Hotel Zima
Best Western Hotel Zima
#3 of 6 in San Isidro del General
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Res...
#1 of 6 in San Isidro del General
#5 of 11 in Playa Hermosa
Lucky's Hotel y Casino
Lucky's Hotel y Casino
#2 of 11 in San Isidro del General

Been to Hotel del Sur? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK