“Bring two sets of earplugs”
Review of Hotel del Sur

Hotel del Sur
Reviewed 4 February 2016

This has to be the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in. I get that it's a casino and runs to late at night but the outside Karaoke bar was over the top. Then at 5:30 in the morning the outside crew starts running power equipment outside your windows. I wouldn't stay here again.

But giving credit where due the rooms were ok, dated but clean. If not for the noise I would have gave the place a ok rating.

Room Tip: Stay out of 201
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlbertaBushman
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel del Sur

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

I did't stay in the hotel but I did have lunch in the restaurant. There's a sushi menu that I suggest you take a look at. I ordered a salad and a boat with different types of sushi. I must admit that the sushi was very well prepared. The technique was very good and everything I tried was tasty! So if you are all the way here and you have a sushi craving. Go for it!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gabzzzz
Reviewed 27 January 2016

We stayed here on our way to our final destination and was pleasantly surprised by it. The room was nice, didn't quite get the windows overlooking a hallway, however, they had blinds on them. The pool was great. We had drinks and food around the pool and thought they were good. The bathroom shower was very small, especially the shower. I wouldn't stay here for an extended time, but was great for a short stay.

Room Tip: An inside room away from the road
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Scott O
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

Hotel is no bad, need a lot of improvement, never accept the room 117 is the worst in the hotel, other rooms could be near the bar or conference center, that would make you sleep late or wake early.

Restaurant is awful, I don't recommend it at all.really expensive and low quality food. Other options in Perez zeledon are for sure better

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron S
Reviewed 1 April 2015

I live up in the mountain in Costa Rica, part time. Going to a city can be my vacation. Hotel Del Sur has nice, clean rooms with reasonable price. Swimming pool is clean and big enough, gym and tennis court, beautiful garden. My husband and I ordered Sushi and some other Asian food at their restaurant. Wow! They were delicious! I think they have the best food in San Isidro. The price? High, but worth it, everything I tasted were very good. Hyon

Room Tip: All rooms are good. But ask if the poolside bar will have a karaoke night. Only the night, music w...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Hyon F
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Isidro del General
Best Western Hotel Zima
Best Western Hotel Zima
#4 of 6 in San Isidro del General
Talari Mountain Lodge
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Res...
#1 of 6 in San Isidro del General
Condovac la Costa
Condovac la Costa
#5 of 11 in Playa Hermosa
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
La Princesa Hotel
La Princesa Hotel
#3 of 15 in San Isidro del General

Been to Hotel del Sur? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Hotel del Sur

Address: PanAmerican Hwy | Perez Zeledon, San Isidro del General, San Isidro del General District 4-8000, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of San Jose > Perez Zeledon > San Isidro del General District > San Isidro del General
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in San Isidro del General
Price Range: ₹ 3,806 - ₹ 6,257 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel del Sur 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Del Sur Country Club San Isidro De El General