Hotel del Sur
Lucky's Hotel y Casino(San Isidro del General)
US$ 68
Best Western Hotel Zima(San Isidro del General)
US$ 97
Mirador Valle del General(San Isidro del General)(Great Value!)
US$ 55
Hostel El Amarillon(San Isidro del General)
US$ 89
Bosque del Tolomuco(San Isidro del General)
US$ 70
  • Pool
La Princesa Hotel(San Isidro del General)
US$ 62
Hospedaje Garcia(San Isidro del General)(Great Value!)
US$ 89
La Gran Vista Agroecological Farm.(San Isidro del General)
US$ 69
Mirador las Oropendolas(San Isidro del General)
US$ 86
US$ 639
Official Website
All reviewssushi menugreat poolhot tubone nightgymmountains
Reviewed 23 February 2015

Stayed at Hotel Del Sur and was pleastantly surprised. Very economical, includes a wonderful breakfast, good pool, had dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed the food very much. Staff was, as usual, very accommodating. Our stay was during a Festival and the Tope which passed right in front of the hotel. Our stay was perfect!

Room Tip: Room 116 was my. choice. Because it was away from the noise of the center, but you could not get WiFi because it was too far away from the lobby. I also stayed in 126, not as nice, but you did get WiFi.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KathleenLeo
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here during a weekend ride with my Harley group. We selected the suite, which is actually not that bad. It has a separate living/kitchen area from the bedroom. Hotel is clean and the staff are great to deal with.

My only complaint is with the restaurant. It is over priced and the quality is not terrific. Speed is not a concern, I waited almost 30 minutes for my meal to arrive and when it did arrive, it was not what I ordered...so back to the kitchen and another 30 minute wait.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Laurence B
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Room was clean but smelled heavy to bleach. There was poor water pressure and no hot water. The restaurant was much better than the rest of the hotel! The service was good and the quality of the food were good! I would recommend the hotel as a place to stay a night on your way to the final destination.

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank olgalopezcr
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have been going to Hotel del Sur for years now. I live about a kilometer down the road and I occasionally (about one a month) have lunch there with friends. Sometimes I eat Japanese food as it's the only place in the area. Hotel del Sur is owned by a co-operative and it has been going through ups and downs ever since I have known it. There are some serious management and staff issues there. As of lately, the restaurant has been simply abysmal. You can't even get a table with a table cloth. The lighting is the cheapest available, with a couple of bulbs sticking out of the ceiling. The Japanese menu used to be good. On my last minute, I realized that all the wait staff were older gentlemen - completley inexperienced and completely out of their depth. I asked a couple of questions about the Sushi/Sashimi bridges and the waiter - rightly - suggested I speak to the Sushi chef. I had seen the Sushi chef a number of times before. This time, this chubby, unkempt thing came out of the kitchen and started pointing his fist at me - a Tico way of showing that you're friends and completely cool. Needless to say I did NOT feel like bumping my own fist into the Sushi chef's own fist. The same man was about to prepare the Sushi? No thanks. When the bridge arrived, it all loooked prepared. The fish did not smell bad but I could swear this was prepared and readied up in some fridge somewhere. We left disappointed. Another time I attended a conference. There was not a single sign at recepcion as to the meeting room (let alone the location). The place has no management focus and is rapidly going down the tube. I can only support the comments about the karaoke nights on Thursday. The place fills up with hundreds of people. The Palenque (or karaoke bailable) are lound and boisterous and completely classless events. Hotel del Sur calls itself a Country Club. To be sure, there is nothing "country" about it. The Casino is about to close down as it was a major source for problems. I have had my good moments and bad moments at this place but as of lately is has done nothing but moving in one direction: Downward.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank MarcelMPfister
Reviewed 26 May 2013

On the whole it is a very nice hotel. The staff was nice and the restaurant and pool area was pleasant. But, Thursday is Karaoke night! We had a cabin in the very back of the resort and the music was so loud that our windows were shaking. This lasted until 2 in the morning! If you don't come on Thursday I would recommend this place but.....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple