“Older but nice historical Inn with beautiful...”
Historic Yount's Woolen Mill & Inn on Sugar Creek, Crawfordsville, IN
The Sugar Creek View Room. ! queen, 1 twin  overlooks front entry & creek. Shares bath with 1 room. The Sugar Creek View Room, Queen bed and 1 twin.  3rd person is additional price.
Check Availability
Things to do-Enjoy nature-SugarcreekCanoers
Yountsville Inn-B&B
Things to enjoy: The B&B Architecture & History
Formal lawn
BnB- The Garden Room, 1 queen, 1 twin for extra guest.Private bath, lg room w/comfortable seating.
B&B- The Garden Room view- Parterres
The Quilt Room-comfortable seating
The Quilt Room-King size bed
Breakfast is special- farm fresh eggs, fresh fruit, homemade buscuits
Parlor organ entertainment
Country store coffee grinder
Entry Hall- Original art
Things to enjoy: Refresh and relax
Things to photograph: Foxglove Garden
Things to photograph: Daylily Gardens
Things to photograph:  Gardens
Things to do:  Fish for Small Mouth Bass
Things to photograph: Fall on Sugar Creek
Things to photograph: Beauty on the creeks
Things to photograph: Winter
The library for guests, TV. WiFi
Family fun on Sugar Creek
Crabtree allee
From the rose garden
Walks and paths to explore
Down the garden path
Garden peony
The waterfall - weddings
Anniversary party in the Mill
Mill Interior with country store display
Waterfall
Canoe or kayak launch and take out
Informal wedding by the wterfall
Nature
Vacation Cottage rental for friends and families. See separate listing.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kay J
Champaign, Illinois
“Older but nice historical Inn with beautiful grounds”
Reviewed 22 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

My husband and I were looking for a quiet B&B in the country side. This is the perfect place. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because if you're expecting perfectly new all updated like a hotel this is not the place . The house was built in 1851 so it takes quite a lot keep up a place like that. But the owners have done a great job. We decided we need to celebrate when we got engaged which was in the month of June. Too often our anniversary in November has nasty weather. We will definitely go back to enjoy the beautiful gardens in nice weather. We were there on the first snowfall of the year which ended up being a nice looking kind of Christmas snow. Very pretty to see huge snow flakes through the window as we ate a good home cooked breakfast. Barabara was a very nice hostess unlike the other reviewer says. It says right in their website food is not to be taken to rooms and that you must be able to climb the stairs. Alan was also very gentlemanly and did play the piano beautifully.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet and serenity.
Liked least: The cold snowy weather!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
7 Dec 2015
Hi Kay,
Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad that you pointed out that we are different from a motel or hotel. B & B guests are more creative and look for unknown adventures. We really enjoy the breakfast conversations where we get to learn about your travels and passions. I know your husband, a history professor, enjoyed the history of the INN (boarding house) and Mill. We were honored by your decision to share your special anniversary here at Yountsville Mill & Inn. I hope you do come again when the spring and summer gardens are in full bloom. Have a Merry Christmas and good health in the New Year. Barbara & Alan
tonie7543
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Alan the innkeeper, was great! His wife, not so much.”
Reviewed 23 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Alan was wonderful, a true, old school gentleman. He brought coffee into the living room as I watched the morning news, fixed us a lovely breakfast, and played the grand piano to let us know it was ready! He ate with us and then played for us again (he is a retired dentist with a Masters Degree in Music). He took us for a tour of the grounds and buildings (on a golf cart) and related the history. The grounds are beautiful, like an English garden. It didn't even bother us that there was no TV in the room, because they have WiFi, I just thought on our next visit I would bring my computer, I have Netflix and we could just watch movies on that.
We were going for dinner at the Country Club, but didn't know the way, Alan led us over went and introduced us. We were actually in Crawfordsville because Shirley's grandchildren were showing their animals at the 4H fair. The next day he also led us to the fairgrounds. Shirley and I have traveled extensively and have never met anyone like Allen!
We had planned to come back quite often, when we didn't have to spend the day at the fairgrounds. We had plans to walk in the woods and wade in the creek as we haven't done this since we were children. (Shirley is 73 and I am 66.) Shirley's daughter and family live close to Ladoga, so we would have stayed there often, as we enjoy getting away from the city and visiting with her family. Shirley was going to make plans to have a family reunion at the cottage, also available to rent.
We thought we had found the perfect getaway. However, the evening of the second day at the fair, our opinion changed drastically.
We were very tired after spending two days at the fairgrounds. We decided instead of going out for dinner we would just take a sandwich from the fair back to our room, eat there, and rest. We were met at the door by Alan's wife (Alan was in Carmel, giving music lessons) who told us we had to eat in the dining room as we were not allowed to eat in our room. I told her it was just a sandwich and we would not spill anything. We were treated like 5 year olds and told "We're just not going to start this." At first I walked into the dining room and then said to myself, "Hell no!" I took my sandwich upstairs to my room to eat. But by then I was too upset to eat, so I took the food downstairs and threw it away. Shirley's food had been confiscated, as she was not ready to eat, and she was told if she wanted it, it would be in the refrigerator, but must eat it at the dining room table. Shirley and I both have heart problems, but Shirley also has very bad knees. It is extremely hard for her to get up and down stairs. So rather than going through the agony of getting back up the stairs, she did without dinner.
I wanted to leave right then, however, Shirley was very tired and wanted to wait until morning, so we waited. I slept very little as I was very upset.
We did not stay for breakfast.
Before we left, I explained to Alan why we were leaving and wouldn't be back. He apologized for his wife repeatedly.
I think I am as disappointed as I am angry. I though we had found the perfect place to relax, walk and enjoy nature. A stay that started so wonderful because of Alan, ended a nightmare because of his wife Barbara. I suspect that mine is not the only business they will lose because of her nasty attitude. I resent being talked down to and treated like a child, and I'm sure there are other seniors that feel the same way.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Alan the innkeeper, a true old school gentleman.
Liked least: Barbara, Alan's wife, an unfriendly, nasty woman.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing