“Decent Tex-Mex Fare”
Review of Las Palmas IV

Las Palmas IV
Ranked #88 of 241 Restaurants in Conway
Reviewed 15 November 2016

My wife and I ate here when we spent the night in Conway, AR, on our way to Branson, MO. We ordered two meals from the vegetarian selections and split the items that were different. As you would expect from a Tex-Mex restaurant, the meals were heavy in tortillas, cheese, refried beans, and guacamole. Everything tasted good, although I'm sure it wasn't good for our arteries. The price seemed reasonable. I ordered a beer with my meal because there was a $1 special on draft beer. When I saw that I had been charged $1.50, I learned that the special was only for domestic brews, not for the Mexican beer I got. My wife ordered a drink also and learned afterward that the price quoted in the menu was for a different version of the drink than she got. Our waitress was quite attentive, but it was obvious that English was not her first language.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

We are there about 4:45 pm on a Wednesday so no problem with seating. The folks were very friendly and took our order as soon as we were ready. We had shredded chicken burritos and chicken fajita quesadilla. Both were very good and not greasy. Both chicken meats were good. The chips are not home made but I find it hard to find that in Conway. Atmosphere is nice with music over the speaker and decorations on the wall. Will come back. Both dinners and drinks were $25.00 plus tip.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

More often than not I pass on reviewing places that are just OK but in this case...... We recently ventured over for a first time visit. My wife had her usual - chili rellenos, while I tried my usual first time at a Mexican place meal - the combo platter. We also ordered a small Guacamole. The Guacamole and the refried beans were all blended to the consistency of baby food. The salsa was thoroughly blended as well with little flavor. We can find tastier versions of both our menu items at other Mexican restaurants in Conway and at a lower price.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Super friendly, loved the salsa, more like real mexican food than most places. Our new favorite in Conway! :D

Reviewed 8 May 2016

While in Conway, I used TripAdvisor to find a good Mexican restaurant. I wasn't disappointed. We tried Las Palmas and were pleased that the food was really good. The chips were good as was the salsa. (I always judge a Mexican restaurant by their chips and salsa -- if they can't get that right -- then I doubt they can do better on the meals.) We both tried the Fajita Nachos. This was a new meal for me and it was really good. Our waiter was competent and friendly, service was lightning fast, and the prices were competitive with other Mexican restaurants we have been to. It was sort of between lunch and dinner so they were not real busy. I would recommend it.

Been to Las Palmas IV? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK