“It's a quarter after one, I'm not alone, and I need you now...as in the police!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Conway

Candlewood Suites Conway
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

This was our first experience staying at a Candlewood Suites. We liked the concept of the suites that are available and the room quality was pretty good, except:....

in the second night of our three night stay, my wife and I were awakened at 1 AM by loud talking, slamming doors, etc. on our floor. Neither of us were happy about being awakened. I was hopeful that this was a short-term problem - but was in for an hour of hearing people yelling, fighting (some physical), and many items being thrown in the hall. I didn't dare do in the hall to ask for quiet - each room is equipped with knives. I called the front desk a couple of times and strongly urged the night auditor to call the police. I never did hear the police come to break up the fracas. Fortunately, the violent disturbance ended after an hour.

The part that really irritated my wife and I was the lukewarm (at best) response by the two young ladies working at the front desk the next day. It was more of a "it's not our fault" tone. This was coupled with "We had a couple of people loitering".

The bottom line is this - if you like to be awakened to a WWE match in the middle of the night, this is the place to stay. If you have children and do not want them to hear fighting, cussing, and drunken behavior, you should choose a different place to stay. The place does not have security and appear to not want to contact the police when fighting occurs.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AlphaRam
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Conway, AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2010

We were quite impressed with the room and the "pantry" was really convienient! Overall wonderful stay!! Thanks so much!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

We checked in late, and I was impressed by the newness and cleanliness of the hotel. Check in was simple. When we got to our room, we had to practically kick the door to get it to open as it would catch after opening about an inch. The room itself was nice and clean with a fully stocked kitchen, which we liked. The desk clerk was very unpleasant when I went to the desk to ask for something. I was not greeted by anyone my entire stay. The door to enter the lobby was not a automatic sliding door, which made it very difficult to get in with arms loaded, and when the staff members inside saw me struggling, no one offered any assistance. Our room was not cleaned our entire stay (3 days), nor were our towels replaced. I also couldn't find any comment cards, and felt that reporting these problems would not do any good, so I did not bother. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2009

Let me begin by saying that am a Gold Priority Club member and was previously a Platinum member, so I have stayed in a "few" hotels. This was the second of two terrible stays at this particular hotel. I swore the first experiance would be the last due to the bad service and failure to follow priority club standards. However, I was traveling with my (2) Search and Rescue dogs and had a reservation at the nearby Holiday Inn Express. They politely asked if I would please stay at their partner hotel where dogs are allowed, but with no "Pet Fee". I agreed because they asked nicely, to my regret.

The visit went well, they had areas for the dog to do their business outside. The check-in, the stay, and the check-out was pleasant, so I assumed problems of the first stay were resolved. A couple of days later I would find out differently, when I discovered a $100 charge on my account. When I call I was told this was the pet fee and I should call in the morning to remind the manager that this was waved. A few minutes later I was called back and told that this charge was for damages by the dogs - which supposedly included: pee and feces on the bed. It was reported as being so bad that when the bed spread was pulled back it was soaked thru with both and the bed had stains. First of all I would be the first to acknowledge that dogs have made mistakes, but in this case the report is simply a lie or a mistake by the staff that required a lie to maintain their own position. For sure the bedspread was not on the bed, because I personnally took it off the bed. I slept in the room with my wife, I got dressed standing on the bed spread which was on the floor at the end of the bed as did my wife, so it is not remotely possible that it was soiled in anyway, and I personally took the dogs to the designated area both before and at the end of our stay, where the happily did their business. The bottom line is the staff members are either LIERS, or TOTALY INCOMPETENT confusing our dogs with another room or worse yet THIEVES who determined to get their $100 pet fee made up a story that no one can prove otherwise.

Do yourself a favor and DON'T STAY in this hotel, you will regret it.

Bill..........................

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Houston, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

I was fooled by the previous reviews on this site, and made the mistake of staying at this hotel a couple nights ago. I got NO SLEEP. The highway noise , and the rumbling , rattling ineffective cheap a/c unit wouldnt stay on (tried to use it to drown out some of the truck noises) The bed was jammed against a wall, and was so uncomfortable, that I actually considered sleeping in the back of my rental car. At 2am, I finally went to the front desk to beg for a different room: either one away from the highway, or one with an a/c that worked. The clerk was obviously annoyed by my interruption of her doing nothing, and told me that I was already in a quiet room. She told me they also had no other rooms available, even though there were no more than 5 cars in the parking lot.
The decor was ridiculous. Half of the room was filled with full sized appliances...a fridge, dishwasher, microwave, dishes, iron board, and even a laundry basket! Good place to stay if you are more interested in doing housework than in getting some sleep.
Oh, and the wireless internet does not work here either.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business