“Excellent meals”

Hog Pen Barbecue & Catering
Ranked #12 of 255 Restaurants in Conway
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The ribs were falling off bone with awesome flavor! Coleslaw was a #1. Great place to try and will go back if in area. Cash only!!!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Our family ate lunch here today - best meal I've had in a long time! Great ribs, fish, hushpuppies, fries and beans!! The girls were very nice, too. The price was quite reasonable as well. Will definitely come again when we're in Conway.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Hole in the wall bbq restaurant with friendly staff and moist delicious meat. Had the okra which was perfectly cooked. If you tell them it’s your first time there you’ll get a free rib! Trying catfish next. Highly recommended

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We were traveling through town, and enjoyed our dinner here. The owner greeted us twice while we were dining (a very nice touch!) Small points off for not accepting credit cards and being out of diet soda. We really liked our food and complimentary pig skins.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

This is easily the best bbq in town. Make sure you bring cash and remember they are only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. After all, this place is worth it.

After eating years of decent bbq here in Conway my husband and I finally decided to give this place a try today. We hate it that we have missed out on it for so many years. We sat down and our friendly waitress asked us if we wanted "a fresh basket of skins" and we said yes...and man were those some amazing pork rinds. They were still a little warm with bbq seasoning (I'm assuming) flavoring them and they were light and crispy and pretty perfect. I saw that you can order a bag of them for $3.50 and next time I come I am getting a bag to go.

I tried their regular pulled pork sandwich with okra as my side. I measure any bbq place by how they do their pulled pork, and oh man - this place has theirs down to perfection. The pork is not dry (yay!) and has a wonderful hint of smoke. The pork is also not that odd grey color that other places will offer. The pork with the light coleslaw that was on top was a perfect marriage of flavors and textures. The fried okra is easily the best I have had in many years.

My husband got their rib plate (wet) with mustard potato salad and green beans. It also came with a thick slab of grilled texas toast. He said there were easily 4 bones on his plate along with some riblets. The meat literally fell off the bone and the smoke flavor - so good. The "wet" part wasn't overly done (a good thing) and he said his sides were just as good. We were too full to try the fried pies for dessert, sadly, but that is just another excuse to come back.

We got there when they opened and they got busy pretty quick - a lot of to go orders. If you haven't tried these guys yet go get the cash (they do have an ATM in the building) and come, sit down, and enjoy a true bbq experience.

Been to Hog Pen Barbecue & Catering? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK