“value for money, good for grand canyon”

Ramada Williams/Grand Canyon Area
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 23 April 2012

we stayed here the night before we went to the grand canyon. We came from las vegas and then williams is the right place to stay. We wanted to leave early for the grand canyon so we could enjoy the beauty of the canyon in the morning. The hotel is a bit dated, but the rooms are clean and comfortable. also the Wifi is good. the rooms are spacious.
keep in mind that it is still an hour drive to the grand canyon! but would stay here again.
good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed here after visiting the Grand Canyon. We had a non-smoking room with 3 queen size beds- this was terrific after squeezing 5 into a Grand Canyon lodge the night before. The large pool and the hot tub were exactly what the family needed after hiking the canyon. There isn't much in Williams, so I thought we were very lucky to have made reservations here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have low standards when it comes to hotels. It takes very little to make me happy...even Super 8 and the like is fine for me. I thought this would be a nice place to stay since Holiday Inn is usually pretty nice but this location was awful. When we first walked in, the woman at the desk was persistent in trying to sell us a Grand Canyon tour, even after I told her we weren't interested. Second, our room REEKED like a combination of cigarette smoke, cheap perfume, and cleaning chemicals. I didn't even know there was still such a thing as a hotel you can smoke in...this wasn't just a little smoky, it was very strong. Even leaving the windows open didn't help. I tried to get a non-smoking room but there were none available. The carpet and furniture were stained. The bathroom was impossibly tiny with the sink outside in the main part of the room (I know this isn't uncommon but it was still annoying). The restaurant is absolutely disgusting...we only went for breakfast and it was terrible, I can't imagine how bad dinner would be. Even the lot behind the hotel (view from my window) is covered in trash and even the common areas of the hotel aren't very clean (popcorn everywhere from the free popcorn they give out). Do not stay here unless you have no other choice.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, make sure you ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Williams/Grand Canyon Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

sillysarahc123,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Holiday Inn is an average hotel but this particular location is above average. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, the room is clean and comfortable and the rate is acceptable. We usually stay in a 4-5 star hotels but since there were no such rated hotels available in that area we settled for the Holiday Inn and we don't regret it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stayed here in Nov 2011 for Polar Express. We got there in the afternoon and checked in. We heard dogs barking upstairs and got worried. I didn't know dogs could bark all day in hotels- what if people are taking naps? Anyhow, the room was fine. Very basic, sort of clean and good enough for a short stay. We ventured to Polar and got our tickets and got back having over an hour to kill. We couldnt find a good restaurant where we could park our long bed truck so we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. It as empty at 445pm and started to fill up as the night went one. The food was great. We had steak dinners and they used sweet jalepenos on the steak. One of the best I have ever had. The kids even liked their food so we were all very satisfied. I had a margarita and it was very weak. Still nice to have an option. We did the Polar Express, etc and had a great time! So fun and great memories. We must have not lucked out on a room though because there was something or someone walking in the room above us ALLLLL night. I am not exagerrating. My husband and I both kept waking up hearing it. I know we should have called the desk but we were so tired. In the morning I complained and the girl gave us free breakfast but told me not to feel bad because her sister kept her up all night talking on the phone with her boyfriend. The manager was out until Monday she said. I think they need some training courses for their staff - not very professional but I was too tired to argue. I try not to be a complainer but it was seriously the worst night sleep ever. The restaurant and cute gift shop made up for it. The food was great - bravo to the chef!

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs! Also, eat dinner here.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family