“Very Good Prime Rib & Excellent Service”
Review of Rod's Steak House

Rod's Steak House
Ranked #18 of 72 Restaurants in Williams
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2016

My wife and I stopped here about 6:00 PM on a Tuesday evening. We were immediately seated. The restaurant is located on the main drag (Old Route 66) in Williams. It has been there for many years and started in the heyday of Route 66.

Both my wife and I got the Lady's Cut of Prime Rib. The 9 oz. serving was plenty for either of us. We ordered it medium rare and it came to the table cooked exactly as ordered. I noticed that when steaks were delivered to another table that the waitress waited until each diner cut into their steak and confirmed that it was prepared as ordered.

The prime rib was nicely seasoned and tasted very good. It comes with one side and a soup or salad. We both got the salad. It was a nice size. Except for missing tomatoes it had a nice combination of lettuce, shredded carrots, and purple onion. The Italian dressing was just OK. My wife really enjoyed her green beans which were very hot when brought to the table. My mashed potatoes were a little runny and only lukewarm when served.

Our waitress did an exceptional job. She kept the meal moving at a nice pace and checked frequently to make sure that drinks were refilled and that everything was OK.

1  Thank Illinois_John

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Quaint steakhouse with a decor of western theme, but not overdone. A lot of history for this place. Staff was very pleasant and professional. Filets cooked to perfection sides as well. A separate bar to the back of the building.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

This place has a good reputation, so we decided to try it. The food was decent. I can't say great. But, I would expect better quality for the price. Appetizers were deep fried, but I'm guessing came frozen. Dinner salad are iceberg salad bag mixes. Did not eat the roll, as I try to eat gluten free. Steak was ok, but not the best I've had. Potato, well, was just a potato. Kids mac and cheese was likely kraft, by the looks. Service was prompt. But, for $20+ per plate, I expect better quality. Won't go back.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

This place got real busy after 6 pm. We ordered the Rod's Special Charred Steak which was pricey but real good. The service was somewhat slow but worth the wait.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Traditional western steak house. Medium sized dining room for good service, a bar in the back room. Seems to have a lot of history going back before the Route 66 days. Definitely a family operation, which I prefer. Cute little die-cut menu in the shape of a cow, small but very well-appointed food selection. I had the big old-fashioned T-bone, and it was the bomb! Wines are over-priced, as one might expect.

Been to Rod's Steak House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK