We stayed in this hotel as part of our Grand Canyon Railway package. The interior lobby of the hotel is exactly as you would expect an old-time hotel to look, complete with big wood-burning fireplace. It was a bit chilly when we were there, so that warmth was welcome.
Rooms were fine, and clean. Our boys enjoyed the pool very much; there is also a small game room, but that didn't tempt them, which was fine by us. We found the food to be above average for a buffet-type setting, and there was both a cook-to-order pasta bar at night, and omelet station in the morning. You could also take a horse-drawn wagon ride right outside the restaurant door in the evening.
In the morning before boarding the train, some local "cowboys" put on a short, humorous show. The actors were also game for photos after, so we got a nice shot of our sons, a bandit, and a horse. The depot looked interesting, but we didn't go inside to check it out due to time.
Everything about the experience was smooth--they gave us luggage tags for the train trip to mark our bags, we deposited the in the lobby in the am, and voila, they showed up in our hotel room at the Grand Canyon with no hassle. They also were taken from our room, and sent back on the return trip to Williams without us having to drag them around the park, which was nice.
Would stay here again--the people here worked hard to make sure our trip was a memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway