My husband and I were planning to go on the Grand Canyon Railroad tour, but after checking in, picking up our tickets and unloading our luggage, my husband started to suffer from extreme altitude sickness and was having a terrible time breathing. After consulting our doctor via the phone, based on his recommendation we started the process of unraveling the trip. Even though it said no refunds this close to the trip, everyone was great. The people at the train station, the manager and desk staff and the restaurant cook and waitresses all went above and beyond to help us out. The hotel manager even called the hotel at the Grand Canyon we were going to stay at and arranged a refund. We were refunded for everything we didn't use - which was way beyond what they were obligated to do. The cook, Daniel, even went into the freezer to prepare a delicious salt free meal for my husband. I really cannot say enough about how great every single person was that we asked for help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway