Was looking for a place to take the kiddo on spring break and decided it was about time to visit The Grand Canyon. I have AAA and though they offered a bundled package with rooms, train, and food, I decided to opt out of that package as I couldn't possibly dine at the same restaurant for breakfast and lunch 2-3 days in a row. I'm ever so glad I opted out of the food package. It was the worst thing about our stay and we only ate there once. $23 for one adult, one child breakfast buffet. The food was bland and cold. Like it had been cooked at 4am and then placed under heat lamps. There are far better places to dine in Williams. Our room itself was quite nice and comfortable. The walls, in my opinion, are too thin. Pool area and hot tub were clean and very relaxing. No free wi-fi though. The pre boarding show was fun. They also have a playground on site which my kid enjoyed. I didn't interact with staff much but when I did they were very helpful and pleasant. it was a nice train ride into the park with entertainment and robberies. Then there's the Grand Canyon itself. Wow. Absolutely breathtaking. You ONLY get three (3) hours in the park before having to board the train again. Take in as much of the park as you can. I suggest taking the free red shuttle to Hopi point. You get a great view of the Colorado River from there. We walked back to the village on the Rim Trail and had a spectacular view all the way back. Angel's Bright hiking trail looked inviting but didn't have the time. There's also a option to stay in the park overnight at one of the lodges. I'll do that next time. All in all, it was a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway