On arrival at Reception, the girl was frantically chewing her gum and just smirking. The place was as crowded as Grand Central Station, and a bit of a madhouse - nothing tranquil here - just chaos, and the receptionists made it quite clear that the guests are just something in their day's work - nothing more. The room in the far block was very nice, and unlike other Reviewers here, we had no problems with the bedsheets - they were fine and all the furniture was in good condition and everything was clean. Following a Trip Advisor Reviewer's advice, we booked the Manager's Special which was good value, but a little troubling to find out in this restaurant that if you didn't speak spanish it was a bit difficult, as practically ALL the staff were only speaking spanish. The "once over light" eggs arrived almost raw, and when sending them back, the waiter said that "the chef is new here"; which was quite amusing, when they came back, they were just a little better, but certainly not they way they were required to be. At dinner, we found it rather cheeky when the waiter (who was very good and efficient) arrived with the bill which included Service and his Tip!!!! We were taken aback completely by this, so we just let it be, as he had given us good service, but a little naughty. Like others have said, this place is part of the Grand Canyon Tourist Trap and is probably as good as you will find around this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1 mile from the South Rim entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TravelClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Canyon Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Plaza Hotel Tusayan
- Quality Inn Grand Canyon National Park