Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel
US$ 166
Hotwire.com
US$ 131
US$ 118
Quality Inn Near Grand Canyon(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$ 163
US$ 132
QualityInn
Canyon Motel & RV Park(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
US$ 138
US$ 113
US$ 133
US$ 104
1,885 results
All reviewsgrand canyontoilet roomwagon wheelbreakfast buffet was very goodtwo double bedstwo sinksvisitor centercomfortable roommain buildingsouth rimimax theaterspent two nightsliving areagood sizeshort driveeasy accessfirst floor
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Honestly, this place seems to be a money mill that caters to bus loads of foreign tourists visiting the Grand Canyon. Check in was a lengthy affair as we stood in a huge line of of folks off of a bus. The room was decent, we managed to get a roll away bed with out difficulty.

After being told at check in that we could cancel the reservation for the following night (we would have to call because we made it through a 3rd party) another employee denied the request. I had to walk back to the desk and physically confront them about it to get it approved. This seems to be pretty poor customer service.

At no time during our stay did the WIFI work. According to other reviews this seems to be standard operating procedure. There were no working ice machines to be found in our building. On the plus side, the buffet breakfast was very good.

Over all, I would probably just stay in the Grand Canyon Village on my next visit. You do save some money staying outside the gate in Tusyan but you miss out on the magic of the Canyon.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Charles A
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Although the front staff was smiley, they didn't have much expertise. We had to move rooms twice; first time for this stale cigarette-like smell, second for a loud constant noise perhaps from the elevator. Our third room was an "upgrade." after figuring out ( with added troubling delay) that the magnetic key cards opened a second room 305 door, we found the rooms to be spacious, but really un-inviting for a living space. This "suite" did not have a sink in the bathroom, and the only trash bin was puny. Apparently this was one of the more reasonably priced places from the limited selection in the area, yet still probably $50 more than is worth. To their credit, they did take down the duplicate 305 sign on the second inactive door. One of the arms on the chairs was busted and the second room had no natural light. Although clean, to say the place needs some updating is an understatement. The glass door to the outside patio did not have a functional lock, nor did some other entrances into the building. Good thing bad people decided to not take advantage of this fact.
On the brighter side, the walls and ceilings were in good condition, and the spray strength to the shower head was strong, but hung low for my six foot two inch frame. The queen bed was comfortably firm and adequate for our activities.

FYI- the Mexican restaurant is no good across the street. go to the restaurant in the Grand Hotel. They feature live entertainment nightly. They probably have better rooms, but we don't have any first hand experience of this.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The second stop on our road trip was the Grand Canyon. We booked a room in Tusayan, a tiny town about 10 minutes outside of Grand Canyon Village. The majority of the available places to stay are motel style. We booked a king room at the Canyon Plaza Resort as nothing else was left. Do note that if you stay here it is behind the IMAX.

Room
We were in the furthest block of rooms on the second floor; room 2019. There was no elevator, so we had to carry our suitcases up two flights of stairs, which is ok because we're younger. The room was quite large with a living room area, three piece bath room, additional vanity area and bedroom area. There is a coffee maker. There were two tvs and I think there was a mini fridge. The space had an off-putting smell; musty and as if it had once been a smoking room. The bathroom was nice and appeared clean. The bedding was atrocious! The was no fitted sheet! They'd just tucked a top sheet over the mattress. The sheets were full of little holes. I had previously read a review on TripAdvisor from a couple who found bed begs here so once there, I extensively inspected the bed and pulled back the pillows, blanket and sheets to have a really close look - hence why I found that the fitted sheet was a top sheet. I didn't find anything parasitic at all, but I did find a curly black hair beneath the 'fitted sheet'. Had I inspected other hotel beds as closely, I would have likely found similar items. So we made due as it was for only one night. I couldn't get the wifi to work because we were too close to the other motel and I wasn't picking up the signal.

Hotel
There is a pool overlooking the parking lot and I think there is an indoor hot tub space but I didn't see that. There is no bar/lounge here. I was told there was but when we returned from the Grand Canyon, we went to kick back and have a beer and found that the reception/lobby area was the 'bar'. It was satisfactory. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and it was ok. The servers and staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful so I give them an A.

To summarize, as long as the Grand Canyon is there, people from all around the world will pay LOADS of money for whatever accommodations are available, whether those accommodations be decent or sub-par. On a positive note, it's really close to the Grand Canyon, so if you are there for a few days, that can work in your favour. We paid over $200US for the night and I think if I were to do it again and other places had vacancies, I would have paid more to have better accommodations. However, rooms are scarce in Tusayan, so I hope you can find somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building and we paid less for dinner ordering A La Carte then had we eaten at the buffet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2012

It's an overpriced place to spend a night or two, not the main attraction. It's a dump and a tourist trap... now get over it! Accomodation on the Canyon books up fast. But this place does alright to take a shower in and catch some sleep before you wander off to experience what you really came through town for... the Grand Canyon!

For dinner, go across the street to 'We Cook Pizza and Pasta' for whatever they sell; and if you've never paid $10 for a McDonald's breakfast combo, here's your opportunity to do so!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This hotel was simply bad, broken or old, and the only thing worse was the manager "Lydia Martinez" does not even care about customer service or returning guests. This hotel is simply a tourist trap, with nice photos on the website but in reality you are in for a few bad suprises. The only reason that this place is open is the millions of people who come from around the world to get suckered into this hotel because they don't check the reviews.

The best hotels are actually within the Grand Canyon Park (south rim) itself. The food, staff and overall experience are simply FAR BETTER and worth the few extra bucks.

If you could pay $50 a night for this hotel it might be worth it, but it is no "resort."

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple