All reviews lake view elsa kitchen school hostel wifi
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent a week here whilst taking Spanish classes and we loved it! The hotel is in a great location, near to all the bars and the main town and yet it is so peaceful when you sit out on the terrace, the view is amazing! The best thing about the hotel though is the family who run it, they were so friendly and accommodating, even when I was trying to practice my Spanish! This hostel is the best kept secret in San Pedro!

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

So as your prob hear San Pedro is a bit of a party town, we didn't want to be in the thick of it but still wanted to have fun. We chose this hotel for that reason and it was perfect! Best bed in Guatemala, high shower heads for us tall people, and it was SUPER clean! Every day the owner would be sweeping and mopping. The best part though is that the husband & wife owners are SO SO SO nice! Always making sure your stay is good, that you have everything you need, and your happy. The ONLY downside is that these stray dogs bark all night! Nothing you can do about that though, I think it would be that way anywhere as there are SO many stray dogs. Chose a room farthest from the street. Deff would stay again!!!

Date of stay: March 2014
2  Thank 1mmwannabe
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I work with a group of 14 and have gone back to Hotel Tepepul Kaan for 2 years. They have great prices for such clean, quiet, and comfortable rooms. The hammocks are always a hit with the group and we even pay extra to have a breakfast of yogurt, granola, fruit and pancakes with coffee/tea on the roof top with an incredible view of the lake. Issaac and Elsa have always been flexible to our needs and make sure to connect us with kayaak rentals, buses going to and from the lake, lancha prices, etc. Personally, I enjoy having a quiet environment in such a party town and a place where while my group is having fun I can relax and enjoy the silence.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had a wonderful stay here. The value is truly amazing. The rooms are a nice size, comfortable, and inexpensive. Plus they donate part of your stay to local education which is great. I got to know the owners and it clearly showed that they aren't about the money, but rather about a great guest experience (for example, they turned down a large rowdy group that wanted to stay for a week, because they cared more about the other guests being comfortable then making a sale).

The place is quiet, has a great room deck, and very well located too. I found myself using the hammock in front of my room many times. There's a kitchen for guest use and some provisions (ie beer) that can be bought on the honor system at any time. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone else in San Pedro.

Gracias Elsa y Issac por todo. Nos encanto nuestra estancia con uds y vamos a recomendarles a todos nuestros amigos! Un abrazo e ojala que nos veamos de nuevo algun dia!

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
henrichi, Manager at Hotel Tepepul Kaan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thanks friends, hope to see you again :)

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Was looking for a quiet, clean and secure place in San Pedro.
Via Tripadvisor I found Tepepul Kaan.
Really liked my stay at this hotel.
Issac and his wife are very hospital.
Every room has a hammock.
From the rooftop terace you have a beautiful view over the lake.
The hotel is in a side street and therefore it is quiet.
The gate will be closed at 7pm, so that only guests can enter.

This hotel is really recommended.

Date of stay: November 2013
1  Thank Dutchbackpacker

thanks for your opinion, is still enjoying life!