All reviews other travelers cooked meals steep hill we loved our stay drake's bay family style corcovado national park atv cabinas lodge trips balconies osa stories ocean adventure trek
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Cabinas El Mirador Lodge is a peaceful, comfortable but simple retreat above the ever increasing chaos of the town of Agujitas/Drake's Bay. The simple wood cabins are not fancy but are functional and comfortable with warm water, good beds, and wonderful views. The highlight though is the big central deck, family-style meals, and friendliness of the owner (Michael) and staff.

We absolutely love the Peninsula de Osa and Corcovado National Park, and this was our third visit to Mirador Lodge. Over the years, the character of the town has changed - more tourist lodges, restaurants, motorcycles - but Agujitas/Drake's Bay is still less developed than most places. In years past, guests from all over the world would gather for meals at Mirador Lodge to swap adventure stories. Now guests alternate between the simple but good home-cooked meals at Mirador and sampling the restaurants around town.

Mirador Lodge is at the end of town and thus significantly quieter than the hostels in the middle of town. Visitors now have the option to trek up the steep hill (legendary in many reviews), but the owner now has an ATV for taking up luggage or taking visitors up that need help.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We loved our stay at El Mirador! Miguel and his family are very welcoming... loved Miguel's sense of humor and his attention to his visitor's plans and timetables is outstanding! The cabinas are basic but clean and well attended each day, with exquisite views! We loved the meals on the family porch with other travelers! This experience for the price cannot be beat! Plan for a steep but short walk up to the cabinas - Miguel will bring bags up and down for your trip in and out and have you transported to all day trips . A lovely piece of paradise we will never forget!!

Room Tip: Fabulous views from all cabinas.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful family run lodge. The hosts are friendly, caring and knowledgeable. It is quiet and has an amazing view of the ocean. The owner is a long time Tico and if you stay here you will enjoy meeting people from all over the world including Ticos. Simple clean cabins with balconies and nice bathrooms and tile showers and good beds. Great value, much better than noisy hostels in town.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Happy with four night stay here including meals. Recommend highly if you don't mind walking up steep hill. Cold showers a plus. Enjoyed coastal hike and planning trips. Great atmosphere to meet other travelers and make friends. Wonderful views of sunset too.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This might not be the poshest accommodation in Drake Bay but it certainly has the best view. A short steep climb up a track from the beach with beautiful sea views.
The accommodation is perfectly fine with a nice balcony, a bathroom and bunk beds.Michael the owner speaks good English. He met me on the beach and took me and my luggage up to the cabins. I was due to arrive from Sierpe in the afternoon but my plans changed at last minute and I arrived in the morning. The boat captain contacted him and he was still waiting for me.
On arrival he discussed all the tour options with me and what I wanted to do. a couple of brief phone calls later and it was all done. It all happened as planned. He took me down to the beach to meet the Corcovado boat.
He gave me a lift down when I left too.
I thought everything was good value for money. I paid for the package to include half board and tours. Food was excellent and Michael would serve food at times that suited your trips. You could have an early breakfast when starting early to Corcovado or a different dinner time if doing a night tour. I really cannot fault what I received at all.
Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms have views.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo