“Flew Back Down the Next Month”

Guaria de Osa Ecolodge
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I first wrote a review for Guaria de Osa when I returned from a group retreat there in January of 2017.

I loved it so much that I had to bring my significant other down right away - so I booked two plane tickets and flew back down for another mini-retreat being held there the following month.

Beautiful land, amazing views, wildlife everywhere and a short walk to Corcovado National Park. A beautiful Toucan with a bright yellow and sky blue beak came right down to the edge of the Lapa Lapa lodge where we were staying and checked us out for a while.

It was so great to see the Capuchin monkeys again and hear the Howlers in the morning. Some of the best sleep I have ever had has been down at Guaria (thanks to the ocean waves, so soothing)..

A+ as always.
Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua V
ladna, Front Office Manager at Guaria de Osa Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Your words make us feel we are completing our mission of stewarding this beautiful area on earth to share with incredible people like you! Thank you so much for your visit, for returning with your significant other and for writing us this review! We look forward to seeing you again! Pura Vida!!!!!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Muchisimas Gracias to Jonathon & Everyone at Guaria de Osa for the wonderful life-affirming/changing experience. The location feels kind of magical what where ocean meets jungle amidst a setting of tropical lushness and unfettered wildlife. Beaucoup attention to detail at Guaria seems so lovingly well thought out, thus facilitating a holistic place of healing that integrates naturally with the environment. Jonathon is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge regarding local and transplanted flora/fauna and has quite the knack of a bard to boot. Enjoyed the small/intimate size of the group retreat and sense of community that was like a family of friends plus meals were wholesome and fresh along with a variety of fortifying fruit juices and medicinal teas… woohoo!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank sarahsierra2017

Muchisimas gracias a usted! We can't tell you how much your visits mean to us! Thank you for your beautiful words! You are such a talented writer! Pura Vida and always look forward to seeing you on the amazing Osa at beautiful Guaria de Osa Ecolodge!

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Been going here for the last 15 years. Quant cozy unique rooms. Some with the most incredible, out this world, views ever (you have never seen a sunset like the ones here). Good, healthy food. Surf boards (there is a great break) Horses! Monkeys! It's super close to Corcovado national park which is amazing.

The two main attractions are the Taoist temple and ethnobotanical garden.

The temple is zen personified. All constructed by falling lumber. It is one of my most favorite spaces in the world. It has a timeless feeling. A great place to meditate and practice yoga. It takes on a everywhere character. Bali. India. The hills of Bhutan. Fiji. A great place to write and make art.

The gardens are top notch. Jonathan. Who runs the place is a 30 years deep ethnobotanical activist. He has compiled a collection of plants from all around the world and local from Costa Rica. His knowledge is profound and endless about plants and their purpose.

So many amazing flowers.

Truly a lovely place to relax, play and reflect.

Can't recommend it enough.

Felt like I was deep in the rainforest but with the modern accommodations of comfort.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

We can't thank you enough!!! Your words make us feel we are doing our job right. Your visits make the dream of stewarding this land to share with an incredible community of people like you come true. With appreciation and pura vida from all the horses, monkeys, marine turtles, and the rest of the crew at Guaria de Osa Ecolodge! Pura Vida!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

The 5 stars don't do this place justice. Guaria is truly the Orchid of the Osa, the unique
design of the structures along with it's biodiverse Amazonian/Costa Rican medicinal Gardens. This place has the most epic views, alive with nature and warmed with the most helpful, kind, compassionate, caring staff i've ever come across. I've really learnt so much valuable information from my stay there, that will go on to impact my life in many ways. But the best part of this my stay here was meeting Jonathon, the wonderful host, who blessed us with his captivating stories and joyful presence. His knowledge of plants is vast and his heart is huge. I want to deeply thank everyone at Guaria for making the stay one of my most favourite experiences I've ever had. I'll be back soon for sure!! So much Love to you all.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank OllyBoon

Not enough words to thank you for being part of this community. Your stay makes the dream of taking care of this beautiful natural area, buffering Corcovado National Park, come true! Gracias con todo corazón y Pura Vida! We can't wait for your return!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I came to Guaria de Osa, now know as Ocean Forest Ecolodge, as a female solo traveler and it completely changed my life - in ways words that can't explain. I was very lost and unsure about my life - felt disconnected from my spirit. Jonathon was able to sit down with me one on one and helped me make a decision to become an acupuncturist, both agreeing it would be of my highest potential. The sacred medicine work healed and cleansed negative energy I was carrying around and cemented my life path. I came to understand the power of consciousness and finally found my footing. I've been to a few other retreats and I'll always come back to this one and will always recommend this one - I've never met such an incredible & dedicated staff, who are always looking to grow themselves and the organization. I hope to bring my family here soon.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo