All reviewsgroup retreatlapa lapaethnobotanical gardenlife affirmingpractice yogamagical paradisecorcovado national parksoothing soundwalking encyclopedialife changing experiencecosta ricacapuchin monkeysocean waveshis knowledgeeach mealfishjonathon
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I grew in so many magnificent ways at Guaria De Osa.
I arrived expecting nothing, and I left with so many dreams and aspirations for which are still arising.

Motivation.
Creativity.
Acceptance.
Death.
Rebirth.

There are no words (English, Spanish or beyond) that could possibly express my gratitude for all of the beautiful souls I met and all who made Guaria de Osa possible.

I traveled physically, mentally and spiritually without fear... I received love and light and life beyond comprehension.
I am so happy to have traveled on such an amazing journey with some brilliantly bright guides.
THANK YOU to the power of 10!

Thank you! Merci! Gracias!
Kaeli
girl(at)intergalacticgirl*com

~~ A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. --Lao Tzu ~~

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank InterGalacticGirl
Reviewed 9 September 2010

This August I and some friends spent a delightful vacation at Guaria de Osa EcoLodge on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica. I found my home away from home.

The timing was perfect. The days were sunny with an occasional thunderstorm (with thunder and lightning! loved it!) and the nights had a soft chill so that a light blanket was needed when retiring to bed. I slept like a baby every night that I was there. There is always a symphony of birds singing, except when it rains, but then you get the thunder. I always felt comfortable and relaxed, it must have been the hypnotic ocean waves (a three minute walk away)...oh heaven on earth.

The staff was very friendly and up to any task you asked of them from laundry to extra blankets. Oh and the coffee and olive oil...yum

Jonathan Weisberger the owner will tell you about the history of the land and about many indigenous cultures from Costa Rica and Ecuador, if you ask him. He is very generous and gracious.

I highly recommend this hidden jewel for any family or group of friends who want to be in the beautiful jungle and yet want to have a very relaxing and comfortable vacation.

Jackie Burns, Mariposa, CA In the Sierra Nevadas, the hills of crystal and gold.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank jackiesglitter
Reviewed 1 May 2010

How to start a review of one of the places that hold the memory of one of the best experiences of my life? it's just magical! to be greeted every morning with the choir of hundreds of birds and the aroma of ylang-ylang, mixing with the turquoise color of the ocean, the beautiful garden and the big house standing high amid the big trees full of birds and bromeliads, the orange-golden sunsets at the Pacific overviewing the Caño Island, the place has a life of it's own.
The staff is really a family made of locals and volunteers, truly giving their best to make the place suited for what you're looking for, whether is a yoga retreat, a honeymoon, adventure tours, to experience the power of nature , or just to chill out far away from the hush of the city. While doing volunteer work I had the chance to see the place from the inside, to learn about nature, to meet very interesting and nice peolpe, and to get renewed at multiple-levels. Open youreself and let Guaria do it's magic :)

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank elsantos99
Reviewed 20 March 2009

You will not find a more ideal beach than the one at Guaria de Osa, nor will you find any night sky more star filled. If you want to swim in the ocean, rest in a hammock, eat wholesome, basic food, you’ll be happy. If you want a little adventure, you can go to Cano Island or Corcovado National Park with ease (and extra yet affordable charges) because the staff makes all the arrangements. These side trips are necessary if you want to see wildlife on land and in the sea. (The group I was with had the supreme joy of watching three pumas stroll through the forest at Corcovado and en route to Cano Island we saw a mother humpback whale nursing her baby.) Our circle of friends used the Lapa Lapa Lodge yoga space, which is absolutely gorgeous. One caveat: it needs to get proper shades for use from 3-5 p.m. Since my husband and I chose to stay in a tentaloo, we had more of a camping experience—sharing one toilet and two sinks with eight others. If you are looking for fancy cocktails and hot showers, Gauria de Osa is not for you. (No ice. Cold water only.) If you like the feeling a homey, communal gathering, you will be at home at Guaria de Osa with Jonathon and his staff, who I found to be friendly, patient, and kind-hearted

Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank marshmarigold
Reviewed 26 February 2009

We went to Guaria de Osa as part of yoga retreat and left thoroughly enchanted. The staff was incredibly kind and friendly. Jonathan, who runs the show, is very well versed on plants and animals in the rain forest and we appreciated his deep enthusiasm for the environment and conservation. He took my son and husband on a hike they will never forget.

I am a vegetarian and it was quite possibly the best vegetarian food that I have consistently had over the course of a week. The cook said he made his food with a lot of love and it showed.

We could not believe the location. We were thrilled to be on a beach with wonderful surfing and no one in sight! It was a tropical paradise.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family