Waterfall Villas
Villas Alturas(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$ 177
Hotel Cuna del Angel(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
Villas Rio Mar(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
US$ 81
Hotel Diuwak(Dominical)
US$ 84
US$ 73
Roca Verde(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$ 146
  • Breakfast included
MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
Rio Lindo Resort(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
Albergue Alma de Hatillo(Dominical)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskundalini yogavegan foodcouples massageevery mealbalinese styletofujade spaour honeymoondragonfly suiteraw chocolategreat vegancosta ricadaily yogafresh fruit drinksjuice cleansebuilding materialsrecommend renting a car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Waterfall Villas is a beautiful secluded paradise. When my wife and I arrived we were the only 2 people staying at the villas for our first night and we felt so special. The atmosphere is tranquil and relaxing, surrounded by jungle and the calming sounds of the waterfall. The waterfall itself was not too big and you could walk across it into nature trails in the jungle. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful especially the owners Fatah and Franco. Sergio was also a tremendous pleasure, helping us decide which adventures to do in Costa Rica and serving us our amazing raw vegan dishes. The food is incredibly good!!! I highly recommend the raw vegan cuisine!!! Franco was our guide to Nauyaca Falls and he is extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife and plants in Costa Rica. Such a beautiful paradise, my wife and I cant wait to return. I also highly recommend taking Yoga classes with Fatah, it is the perfect start to a day. Thank you everyone at Waterfall Villas aka Cascadas Farallas.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I got married at Waterfall villas on 7/5/12, and the journey all the way from Scotland was definitely worthwhile! - everything was arranged by Fateh as we wanted it, with a low-key ceremony; the flowers were gorgeous, the setting stunning, and a delicious meal was prepared for us afterwards, with even a wedding cake for two!
The rainforest resort is absolutely glorious, tranquil and natural; the service is exceptional, and the gourmet vegetarian food is out of this world. We didn't want to leave, and hope we'll make it back some day.

Room Tip: We were given a free upgrade and had the jacuzzi suite, which was perfect for newlyweds (we had trouble turning off the jacuzzi but it was fabulous). Our favourite bit was the balcony overlooking the forest - but I think all suites have this.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Even before we arrived at Waterfall Villas I felt happy with our choice.
Fateh had been emailing us to find out what our needs were and she had lots of ideas for things we could do.
I had chosen Waterfall Villas because I loved the idea of being surrounded by water.
I also wanted to experience an eco conscious environment.
I eat vegan and I was really encouraged by the menu. I felt like I could indulge and that it would be a great place for my husband and I share a new experience.
From the airport shuttle to the midnight plate of exotic fruit and nuts, all details were taken care of. When my husband saw our jacuzzi tub and the beautiful decor of our room his holiday had already begun.
Breakfast could be a Goddess Green drink or eggs and tortillas. I am vegan and my husband is not but we were both fulfilled by all that was on offer. My husband was so enamoured by the presentation and tastes that he devoured vegan lunches, desserts and now he has started creating his own raw dishes !
All day the sounds of the forest were available to us - frogs, birds, the rain. We could walk or hike to waterfalls. Early one morning I took my camera and spotted a toucan high in the trees - what a gift.
This is all at Waterfall Villas - we didn't have to go anywhere.
Hikes were organised for us.
On these easy hikes we saw sloths, falcons, bats and monkeys.
I was happy to return to Waterfall Villas and find a frog on the step in front of my room.
The peace at Waterfall Villas allowed nature and our spirits to rest.
I had incredible ayurvedic massages with Raquel and Marilyn.
Eating healing foods, listening to healing sounds rejuvenated our spirits.
I had morning yoga with Fateh where I learned how to take care of my body.
Her husband Franco drove us to our guided tour giving us valuable local information and making sure we had everything we needed.
He was generous in sharing how Waterfall Villas has evolved and his plans for the future.
While I was there I planted fruit trees.
Seeds of growth were planted in our souls, in our minds and in our bodies. The healing we experienced in our hearts was due to the beautiful dream called Waterfall Villas that Franco, Fateh and their team create with welcome from their hearts.
I guess you'll just have to experience it for yourself !

Regina and Broncyn
Canada

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Regina755
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Fateh and Franco have done a fabulous job creating the Waterfall Villas. The property is off a good paved road about 5 minutes drive up from Dominical. The thoughtful design and layout of the buildings along the waterfalls and cascades envelopes the guests with the soothing and relaxing sounds of the falling water. I was amazed at how close yet how private each of the rooms were. The interiors are tastefully decorated in a Balinese style with high quality bedding and towels. Franco was very welcoming and the staff was all very accommodating and helpful in suggesting and arranging tours and excursions. Saving the best for last....the food was incredible! They have developed a great menu and deliver delicious raw, vegan and vegetarian offerings as well as dishes with meats. We spent 4 nights and could have easily stayed longer. Can,t think of a nicer place if you were a honeymooning couple looking for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

When my husband and I were planning our honeymoon we dreamed of a tropical location that could cater to our vegan lifestyle - but were skeptical that a place like that even existed. That is why finding the Waterfall Villas was the best thing that could have happened to us. The last thing you want to have to worry about while you're on your honeymoon is whether you're going to be able to find suitable food, so having the security of knowing that we had all 3 meals already taken care of was very reassuring.

That being said, the food was not suitable - it was AMAZING. Every meal was delicious - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every meal my husband and I would sit down and dream about what they would be serving us that day. The Lasagna in particular, I remember being incredible. The desserts and juices were also exquisite.

The decor was beautiful, the room was charming and clean, and the grounds were breathtaking. We were there in August, so it rained every night but was sunny and beautiful all day. We found ourselves spending most nights relaxing and reading in our room - but we were so tired from our daily adventures that we didn't mind!

The adventures were everything we imagined they'd be - zip-lining, hiking to a magical waterfall, boating out to a pristine island, whale watching, National parks full of animals, and swimming at the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. Tip: If Franco offers you sea-sickness medication for the whale watching - take it!

The staff were amazing. Fateh was very helpful through all the e-mails we exchanged, though she was not there when we stayed. Franco and Sergio did everything they could to make sure our stay was everything we wanted it to be - even when our passports got trapped in our room safe!

I honestly could not imagine a better honeymoon for people like us. Eco-friendly, vegan, adventurous, tropical, amazing.

Thank you so much for allowing us to follow up our perfect wedding with a perfect honeymoon!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple