“Costa Rican Waterfall Retreat”

and 1 more site!
Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Dominical
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wolfville, Canada
“Costa Rican Waterfall Retreat”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My wife and I spent 5 wonderful days at the Waterfall Villa 20-25 May 2012. The beauty of the resort was only surpassed by the kindness of the hosts - Donald, Franco, Fateh and the cooks, cleaners and gardeners. Meals were all vegan and as requested about 50% raw. Everything, including the table, was carefully prepared to provide a visual and taste experience. Everyday, we couldn't wait to see what was being served!! The fresh fruit drinks served everyday were so delicious! We felt spoiled!
We walked the beautiful trails on the resort, lay in the bubbling stream, soaked under the waterfalls and RELAXED in an amazing tropical jungle setting. The rumbling of the falls and the noises of birds, frogs, lizards, etc. created a sound background that we had never before experienced.
As part of our package we did daily morning yoga with Fateh - on a platform overlooking the falls. She was a very patient and knowledgeable instructor. We always felt rejuvenated afterwards! What a wonderful way to start the morning!

Franco was always checking up on us to ensure that our trip was going well. When our air conditioning was not working, he upgraded our room to the honeymoon suite so we would be comfortable - at no extra charge. We sure appreciated that air conditioner! He took us on a guided hike deep into the jungle to Nauyaca Falls. We enjoyed his impressive knowledge of the local flora and fauna and much more about the area. Really, he can answer any question you come up with! Franco always made us feel so well taken care of. We are still enjoying the delicious Costa Rican coffee he suggested we take back!

Donald was our daily contact at the resort, offering advice, serving the meals and generally just being helpful and friendly in any way needed. When we arrived at each meal, he always had something unique created with flowers he picked, just a lovely added touch! Donald was indeed a very warm, caring host.

The Waterfall Villa was exactly as advertised: a beautiful setting, wonderful vegan food, friendly and helpful hosts - a week of wonderful experiences and memories in a tropical rain-forest!

John and Maureen:)

4 Thank John G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Waterfall Villas is a beautiful secluded paradise. When my wife and I arrived we were the only 2 people staying at the villas for our first night and we felt so special. The atmosphere is tranquil and relaxing, surrounded by jungle and the calming sounds of the waterfall. The waterfall itself was not too big and you could walk across it into nature trails in the jungle. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful especially the owners Fatah and Franco. Sergio was also a tremendous pleasure, helping us decide which adventures to do in Costa Rica and serving us our amazing raw vegan dishes. The food is incredibly good!!! I highly recommend the raw vegan cuisine!!! Franco was our guide to Nauyaca Falls and he is extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife and plants in Costa Rica. Such a beautiful paradise, my wife and I cant wait to return. I also highly recommend taking Yoga classes with Fatah, it is the perfect start to a day. Thank you everyone at Waterfall Villas aka Cascadas Farallas.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I got married at Waterfall villas on 7/5/12, and the journey all the way from Scotland was definitely worthwhile! - everything was arranged by Fateh as we wanted it, with a low-key ceremony; the flowers were gorgeous, the setting stunning, and a delicious meal was prepared for us afterwards, with even a wedding cake for two!
The rainforest resort is absolutely glorious, tranquil and natural; the service is exceptional, and the gourmet vegetarian food is out of this world. We didn't want to leave, and hope we'll make it back some day.

Room Tip: We were given a free upgrade and had the jacuzzi suite, which was perfect for newlyweds (we had trou...
Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Even before we arrived at Waterfall Villas I felt happy with our choice.
Fateh had been emailing us to find out what our needs were and she had lots of ideas for things we could do.
I had chosen Waterfall Villas because I loved the idea of being surrounded by water.
I also wanted to experience an eco conscious environment.
I eat vegan and I was really encouraged by the menu. I felt like I could indulge and that it would be a great place for my husband and I share a new experience.
From the airport shuttle to the midnight plate of exotic fruit and nuts, all details were taken care of. When my husband saw our jacuzzi tub and the beautiful decor of our room his holiday had already begun.
Breakfast could be a Goddess Green drink or eggs and tortillas. I am vegan and my husband is not but we were both fulfilled by all that was on offer. My husband was so enamoured by the presentation and tastes that he devoured vegan lunches, desserts and now he has started creating his own raw dishes !
All day the sounds of the forest were available to us - frogs, birds, the rain. We could walk or hike to waterfalls. Early one morning I took my camera and spotted a toucan high in the trees - what a gift.
This is all at Waterfall Villas - we didn't have to go anywhere.
Hikes were organised for us.
On these easy hikes we saw sloths, falcons, bats and monkeys.
I was happy to return to Waterfall Villas and find a frog on the step in front of my room.
The peace at Waterfall Villas allowed nature and our spirits to rest.
I had incredible ayurvedic massages with Raquel and Marilyn.
Eating healing foods, listening to healing sounds rejuvenated our spirits.
I had morning yoga with Fateh where I learned how to take care of my body.
Her husband Franco drove us to our guided tour giving us valuable local information and making sure we had everything we needed.
He was generous in sharing how Waterfall Villas has evolved and his plans for the future.
While I was there I planted fruit trees.
Seeds of growth were planted in our souls, in our minds and in our bodies. The healing we experienced in our hearts was due to the beautiful dream called Waterfall Villas that Franco, Fateh and their team create with welcome from their hearts.
I guess you'll just have to experience it for yourself !

Regina and Broncyn
Canada

2 Thank Regina755
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Fateh and Franco have done a fabulous job creating the Waterfall Villas. The property is off a good paved road about 5 minutes drive up from Dominical. The thoughtful design and layout of the buildings along the waterfalls and cascades envelopes the guests with the soothing and relaxing sounds of the falling water. I was amazed at how close yet how private each of the rooms were. The interiors are tastefully decorated in a Balinese style with high quality bedding and towels. Franco was very welcoming and the staff was all very accommodating and helpful in suggesting and arranging tours and excursions. Saving the best for last....the food was incredible! They have developed a great menu and deliver delicious raw, vegan and vegetarian offerings as well as dishes with meats. We spent 4 nights and could have easily stayed longer. Can,t think of a nicer place if you were a honeymooning couple looking for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
6.8 km away
4.9 km away
Hotel Diuwak
Hotel Diuwak
#11 of 14 in Dominical

Been to Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK