My wife and I spent 5 wonderful days at the Waterfall Villa 20-25 May 2012. The beauty of the resort was only surpassed by the kindness of the hosts - Donald, Franco, Fateh and the cooks, cleaners and gardeners. Meals were all vegan and as requested about 50% raw. Everything, including the table, was carefully prepared to provide a visual and taste experience. Everyday, we couldn't wait to see what was being served!! The fresh fruit drinks served everyday were so delicious! We felt spoiled!
We walked the beautiful trails on the resort, lay in the bubbling stream, soaked under the waterfalls and RELAXED in an amazing tropical jungle setting. The rumbling of the falls and the noises of birds, frogs, lizards, etc. created a sound background that we had never before experienced.
As part of our package we did daily morning yoga with Fateh - on a platform overlooking the falls. She was a very patient and knowledgeable instructor. We always felt rejuvenated afterwards! What a wonderful way to start the morning!
Franco was always checking up on us to ensure that our trip was going well. When our air conditioning was not working, he upgraded our room to the honeymoon suite so we would be comfortable - at no extra charge. We sure appreciated that air conditioner! He took us on a guided hike deep into the jungle to Nauyaca Falls. We enjoyed his impressive knowledge of the local flora and fauna and much more about the area. Really, he can answer any question you come up with! Franco always made us feel so well taken care of. We are still enjoying the delicious Costa Rican coffee he suggested we take back!
Donald was our daily contact at the resort, offering advice, serving the meals and generally just being helpful and friendly in any way needed. When we arrived at each meal, he always had something unique created with flowers he picked, just a lovely added touch! Donald was indeed a very warm, caring host.
The Waterfall Villa was exactly as advertised: a beautiful setting, wonderful vegan food, friendly and helpful hosts - a week of wonderful experiences and memories in a tropical rain-forest!
John and Maureen:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate and romantic eco-resort with 6 luxurious Balinese tropical style suites, with private Waterfalls, full Spa, and organic meal services. The Waterfall Villas specializes in Exotic Honeymoon packages, Waterfall destination Weddings, Raw foods / Vegan packages and Spa Detox packages. The property is a Romantic Wellness Retreat in the exotic jungle of Costa Rica where the energy of our very own private Waterfalls will resonate into your body, mind and soul with healing and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas Hotel Dominical
- Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas Costa Rica/Dominical