All reviews two bedroom suite front desk large mall directly across the street i highly recommend this hotel exercise room restaurants within walking distance phoenix area wonderful stay football game non smoking yogurt easy access bed was comfortable free breakfast priest property
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Love the location of this hotel. It was a bit noisy and crowded on the weekends, but that's probably to be expected on the weekend. The rooftop pool was wonderful, although couldn't find a chair on one of the weekends I was there. If you're an early riser this won't be a problem. The gym was clean and adequate, although Hayden Butte was right behind the hotel and I hiked up that for a good morning walk. There is also a yoga studio steps from the hotel which was fantastic. The staff was wonderful. The breakfast had great selections, (although I wish it had a hot item for vegetarians and almond milk please) One of my favorite things was the iced coffee in the lobby. I've stayed at hundreds of hotels and none of them offered complimentary iced coffee. Thank you! Overall, wonderful stay. I highly recommend this hotel. Monica at the front desk was awesome too.

Room Tip: 11th floor was great for pool/gym access and the view, but be prepared for extra noise due to the traffic to and from these amenities.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Gina S
Reviewed 22 February 2018

The room are very clean and comfortable, good food.
Everyone from the front desk to the staff was friendly, welcoming and hepful, feel like home.

Clean facilities and well-maintained.

We enjoy our stay 5 weeks.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed from wed-sat in mid feb. Enjoyed the effort put into the free happy hour and Valentine desserts. Nothing ever bad with free beer, wine and sweets.
Hotel was be i g renovated and they put me in a newly remodeled room. It needed some extra attention and was not quite ready but they were great about getting things done to make it better. The staff was very friendly and really tried to go out of their way for me and others with our conference group. I liked the location to fast food, shopping and good restaraunts and groceries. My stay was very nice and always like the extra room space from a residence inn property. I will stay there again as it was easy to get to the airport and other parts of the city because of central location.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2018

I stayed for 2 weks in the Residence Inn on Priest Dr. while on a business trip.

As far as location goes, there are advantages and disadvantages.
++ Located right across the street from a big mall that has 2 sit-down restaurants inside.
++ Seconds from the highway
minus: not very many other restaurants within walking distance (only 2)
minus: being adjacent to 3 major busy streets, you occasionally hear traffic and especially emergency sirens

My suite was on a second floor and was just refurbished with new furnishing, carpets, etc.. As of the end of Jan, the renos are still on-going, but isolated from guests. I think I was the first person in my suite after the reno. Everything was super clean and fresh and the decor is well done.
The basic suites are very spacious (compared to some other Residence Inns)
As far as quietness, the walls are very soundproof between units, however the heavy doors don't have an edequate return spring to prevent them slamming by themselves. Several times, my neighbours door litterraly shook the walls of my suite.

Of the 3 different suite hotels I stayed in while in Phoenix area, the Residence Inn had the best breakfast overall. Why?
1) Fresh cut fruit on weekdays (usually strawberrries, grapes and canetlope) - On weekends, they still had cut fruit, but just the cantelope ususally
2) Real china plates and real silverware on weekdays
3) Warmed soft shell tortilla shells to make breakfast wraps
4) Great real scrambled eggs
5) In addition to flavored sweetened yoghurts, they have plain Greek yoghurt in clear cups, some with the yoghurt alone and some with a granola topping. These are made up by the staff.

Overview
Bed - Kingsize and very confortable with premium linens
Closet space - great
Water pressure - adequate
AirCon/Ventilation - excellent
Safe - **NO**
Feeling of security - OK, but keeping in mind your door is right to street access and various people seen at late hours on the sidewalk nextdoor
Kitchen - fully stocked
TV - one single small to moderate size with lots of channels and inputs for stream boxes

What I liked:
- The refurbished clean suite
- Locatioin for easy access to the highyway
- Location for the mall (if required)
- The breakfast
- The friendly helpful staff
- How spacious and open the suite felt

To Improve
- Add a spring to the doors so they don't slam
- Provide more visible secuirity at night - perhaps a night guard. (if there was one, I never saw him/her)
- Perhaps provide a free restuarant shuttle?

Room Tip: Try for an upper floor at the end of the building facing inwards (away from the road)
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank deathracer
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I've had the worst stay here at the Residence Inn Tempe. Most of the housekeepers are so lazy they don't even clean, and I have spoken to the housekeeping manager Andrea so many times I can't even keep count, which leads me to believe she is incapable of correcting their issues. I've had a housekeeper ask me if she can use my bathroom to throw up, I've had housekeepers bring in their children on the weekend, I've had a housekeeper try and knock down my door because she was unable to open it- because I keep the safety lock on - and still tried to break open the door even realizing the lock was on! etc etc. I've had the flu shortly after arriving to Arizona, and I'm almost convinced it's because of the housekeeping bringing in germs- especially judging from the girl who wanted to throw up in my bathroom. I am 95% of the time in my room because I work from "home." This is a very unhygienic environment. I am 6 months pregnant and shouldn't have to deal with calling the housekeeping manager every other day. There's a total of 2 housekeepers that are actually thorough and clean everything- one is Carmen and the other I can't remember. My husband and I will be here a total of 2 months because we moved here from out of state for his work, and I am going to tell his company not to do business with you all again. Also, the Hawaiian gentleman at the front desk is incompetent and should not be working in that position. Marriott was charging my husband and not his company for 1 month EVEN THOUGH my husband's company is paying for our stay. When my husband went to speak to him, he said everyone staying here from his company was paying himself- even though that was a flat out lie, and we confirmed with the company. I have asked him to let me know before people come to my room, and he never passes messages along and I have people banging on my door and then attempting to come in. I called him yesterday, and when he answered the phone he said "I'm with another customer I'm putting you on hold.." like really, no hello, please hang on for a second? Their dryers also don't dry clothes and we had to hang them all over the hotel room in order to get them to dry. I went downstairs and told him about it, he said can you just use your own money again and try to dry them no one is here right now. WHAT?! Thank God I made him call up his manager and they did offer us free dry cleaning which was great, but he really doesn't have the sense to be in a customer service position. We are only here still because we are waiting for our house to be finished building, but I will never recommend anyone ever staying here. From the cat-calling construction workers outside to the disgusting breakfast, and rude workers, it's not worth it. Go someplace else that has less cops in the neighborhood and actually makes an effort to be hygienic.

Room Tip: Hear cop cars all night and day, constant construction noises
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
ResidenceInnTempe, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. I’m so sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered, and I can only imagine what you have been through. It is our goal at Marriott and at this hotel to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for all of our guests. I’m currently reviewing the details of the issues you provided, and I will be meeting with the managerial staff to address any problems and create a plan to ensure this never happens again.