All reviewstwo bedroom suitefront desklarge malldirectly across the streeti highly recommend this hotelexercise roomrestaurants within walking distancephoenix areawonderful stayfootball gamenon smokingyogurteasy accessbed was comfortablefree breakfastpriestproperty
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I've had the worst stay here at the Residence Inn Tempe. Most of the housekeepers are so lazy they don't even clean, and I have spoken to the housekeeping manager Andrea so many times I can't even keep count, which leads me to believe she is incapable of correcting their issues. I've had a housekeeper ask me if she can use my bathroom to throw up, I've had housekeepers bring in their children on the weekend, I've had a housekeeper try and knock down my door because she was unable to open it- because I keep the safety lock on - and still tried to break open the door even realizing the lock was on! etc etc. I've had the flu shortly after arriving to Arizona, and I'm almost convinced it's because of the housekeeping bringing in germs- especially judging from the girl who wanted to throw up in my bathroom. I am 95% of the time in my room because I work from "home." This is a very unhygienic environment. I am 6 months pregnant and shouldn't have to deal with calling the housekeeping manager every other day. There's a total of 2 housekeepers that are actually thorough and clean everything- one is Carmen and the other I can't remember. My husband and I will be here a total of 2 months because we moved here from out of state for his work, and I am going to tell his company not to do business with you all again. Also, the Hawaiian gentleman at the front desk is incompetent and should not be working in that position. Marriott was charging my husband and not his company for 1 month EVEN THOUGH my husband's company is paying for our stay. When my husband went to speak to him, he said everyone staying here from his company was paying himself- even though that was a flat out lie, and we confirmed with the company. I have asked him to let me know before people come to my room, and he never passes messages along and I have people banging on my door and then attempting to come in. I called him yesterday, and when he answered the phone he said "I'm with another customer I'm putting you on hold.." like really, no hello, please hang on for a second? Their dryers also don't dry clothes and we had to hang them all over the hotel room in order to get them to dry. I went downstairs and told him about it, he said can you just use your own money again and try to dry them no one is here right now. WHAT?! Thank God I made him call up his manager and they did offer us free dry cleaning which was great, but he really doesn't have the sense to be in a customer service position. We are only here still because we are waiting for our house to be finished building, but I will never recommend anyone ever staying here. From the cat-calling construction workers outside to the disgusting breakfast, and rude workers, it's not worth it. Go someplace else that has less cops in the neighborhood and actually makes an effort to be hygienic.

Room Tip: Hear cop cars all night and day, constant construction noises
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
ResidenceInnTempe, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. I’m so sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered, and I can only imagine what you have been through. It is our goal at Marriott and at this hotel to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for all of our guests. I’m currently reviewing the details of the issues you provided, and I will be meeting with the managerial staff to address any problems and create a plan to ensure this never happens again.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Staff very accommodating. Breakfast not bad at all for a free breakfast.
Housekeeping did a good job.
Rooms in need of renovation but for the price can’t complain. Carpets could use a good cleaning. Exterior entry to studio room needs a power washing.
Adequate free parking.
Nice pool and barbecue area. Sport court in good condition.
Rooms quiet.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My buddy and I set out for a weekend trip to get some sun, food and football. The trip started out well, but the hotel was not the cleanest or well maintained. We checked in, was great service, Teri was awesome, but never saw her again. She upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite. It was night when we checked in, next day, could see the Windows needed washing inside and out. The closet floor was dirty, had safety pin, some close pin, and looks to be vitamin on the floor. Not GOOD!

They provide breakfast in the morning. It is by far, the worst I have seen by a Marriott hotel chain. The Friday and Saturday were the same thing. Not a lot of choices.

On Saturday, had to go to the front desk to ask for towels at the pool. The towels they did provide were like little work out towel for the gym.

We will not be going back any time soon. Many choices to chose from. Very Disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a inside room, as they are surrounded by major roads.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 415bobf
ResidenceInnTempe, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

I wanted to personally thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Tempe and thank you for sharing your experience. We will be using your experience as a learning opportunity within our hotel. I completely understand how frustrating and disappointing this can be especially when you are here on vacation with a friend. We have shared your experience with each of the departments, and I can guarantee you that this will not happen in the future. We hope you will return to our hotel the next time you are in Tempe.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We had a great stay at the Residence Inn Tempe. The front desk agent Morgan was very helpful and the evening security staff. The suite was what we needed with a refrigerator and microwave. We went to the Mills and frequent a restaurant that served big portion so we took the left overs back to the suite with us. It was also conveniently located near freeways to the airport, Scottsdale,etc. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I had a good stay at this hotel the room was quiet and the room was huge i had a king studio suite room non smoking it was clean and comfortable the bed was comfortable as well the staff was very friendly and helpful checking in was a breeze i will return to this hotel again if I'm ever in the Tempe Arizona area again but only if the price is not too expensive

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo