“Great pizza and sandwiches!”

La Bocca Urban Pizzaria
Ranked #22 of 886 Restaurants in Tempe
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My son and I had lunch at La Bocca this week on a visit to Arizona State University. The restaurant is on Mill Avenue, and has pleasant outdoor seating, which makes for excellent people watching.
I had a goat cheese and pear salad (spring mix, candied walnuts, cranberries, grape tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette) followed by a Margarita pizza (crushed san marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, olive oil & a few basil leaves); both were excellent. My son ate a Boar's Head Roast Beef Au Jus sandwich (comes with miso coleslaw, melted provolone, red wine vinny, roasted pepper horseradish). I had a glass of their Perligues white wine, a Semillon/Sauv Blanc blend from Graves, Bordeaux. It was very, very good and a little different from the usual white Bordeaux.
Service was friendly and prompt, price was very reasonable. We will return!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner and was super impressed with this restaurant! It's a bit more posh in decor than most pizzerias, kind of an upscale spot just off campus. We had great bruchetta followed by individual pizzas. It's virtually identical to pizza I had in Italy - brick oven fired. Our waitress was great and they had $3 off wine glasses during happy hour until 7pm I believe. Well worth a trip!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We visited this location for dinner last night. I have to say it was very average. Our server was to casual and seemed disinterested at times.The food came fast and was good. We had a selection of for bruschetta to start, and a spicy pepperoni pizza for second course. Both were good. If I had to say one thing...the bruschetta was almost too much bread. The pizza came out very quickly.
A negative thing was when we were eating our pizza for second course a group of around 60 people came in...and pretty much took over the restaurant. They were noisy and everywhere.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately we were disappointed with the specialty pizza. We had truffle mushroom with spinach. There was barely any mushroom and it was like someone through a bag of spinach on top. It wasn’t very good. We probably will not be going back.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We had dinner at La Bocca U.P. The food was alright, just that they over did the balsamic vinegar on the plates. How can you be an Italian restaurant and not have Italian wines on your list.

Date of visit: January 2018