Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Hkavet
Wayland, Massachusetts
Hospitality & Exercise in Portugal

bikerkg3

All reviews self guided cycling trip algarve coast carbon fiber great equipment great cycling guides jose support van spectacular scenery road biking daily rides pre loaded excellent adventure pre trip guided tour great trip modern hotel
Reviewed 5 days ago

I've biked the world, visiting perhaps 50 countries with two wheels. Of all the companies I've toured with Portugal Bike is easily the best. We self guided on this trip and they were always available (with a phone they gave us) to help with problems or to enhance our visits. The equipment they provided was superb with late model bikes and every accessory such as locks and lights and tools imaginable. My 76 year old wife tried an e bike on this trip which she loved. An e bike reinvigorated our biking together as she zipped by me on every hill.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Our bike tour took us through some amazing vistas, provided fabulous accommodations and food, and lots of excellent Portuguese wine. The cycling was perfect, with various distances, types of roads and interesting stops along the way. Our guides were stellar, and it was their enthusiasm, pride in their country and commitment to our well-being that made this trip so special.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Outstanding tour—very well thought out and executed!
Great bike routes and bicycles, amazing choices of hotels and restaurants, and sincerely friendly service from Jose, Cristina, and Andre! Our entire group loved everything about it!

Reviewed 1 week ago

If you're looking for a well run cycle touring company in Europe, check out Portugal Bike. Great road bikes, beautiful scenery, excellent food, fine accommodation and people with interesting lives. Ricardo and Andre will ensure you have a rich experience that goes well beyond just wheels on the road.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Our group of 10 loved our tour with Jose, Christina and Andre. They were organized and fun to be with. We loved the high end accommodations at converted convents and monasteries that were really beautiful. The dinners were also wonderful with authentic Portuguese food and wine. The bikes were very high quality and the biking was fun. Make sure you train before coming as the topography is not flat!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took the Toward the Algarve self-guided 6 day tour with my grandson in late October. We were driven to the starting point on the coast south of Lisbon after a thorough orientation. The preprogramed Garmin GPS kept us on course, and all the local attractions and hotels and restaurants along the way were available in a cellphone app, as well as a guide book with paper maps. The coastal scenery was beautiful, and the Scott 20 hybrid bikes that we requested were the best I have every had on a bike tour, and appeared to be new. The seafood was a delight, since I come from central U.S. The hotels were primarily 4 star and better than what I book in my personal travels. I look forward to another tour with this company in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We participated in several day rides with Portugal Bike, including both south of Lisbon and the Algarve. The routing of the tours was excellent with great scenery and interesting historical sites to visit while riding. Cycling is a great way to see Portugal. We hope to go again and would recommend Portugal Bike to cyclists of all abilities.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had an amazing experience with Portugal Bike. We were on a guided bicycle trip covering the west and south coasts of Portugal. Ricardo was the guide who pedaled with us and Andre drove the support van. Both were incredibly talented, knowledgeable, and skilled. Our group was seven and after every great day of cycling we stayed in unique accommodations and ate wonderful local food. The wine matched the region as well.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Jose and Cristina have done an amazing job with Portugal Bike. I recently completed the Toward the Algarve self guided trip, and everything from signing up, corresponding beforehand, pickup from my hotel to dropoff in Lisbon was flawless. They have it arranged so that you have maximum freedom to enjoy the road and explore what you want to explore and yet have the comfort of a support network and the guarantee of a very nice hotel and good food at the day's destination. The day's were really well balanced between challenging road biking and plenty of space to enjoy all the lovely discoveries along the way.

I had intended to do the trip solo, but I was lucky to partner up with a few others - a few of the days, especially when we had an Atlantic rain storm roll through, would have been extremely challenging on my own. It is much safer to have a companion for this trip. There are a few points on the journey where you don't see much of anyone for hours on end.

The bikes were absolutely gorgeous. They provide you with maintenance essentials, but luckily, aside from checking tire pressure etc, I didn't have to use them.

If you want to spend a week riding through brilliant Portuguese seaside hills, cork plantations, and fig orchards, and eating your way through some of the best seafood and sleeping in some very cool hotels and guesthouses, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The weather was sunny, the ride was safe, the food was what we needed. Jose and Christina really have it together. They can meet the needs of the riders and get them to experience what Portugal is all about. We learned a lot and can see how a return trip would be worthwhile.