All reviews travellers rest bus stop right meal deal room was clean the usual high standard comfortable night disabled room city centre all you can eat plenty of parking car parking one night stay main road on arrival good size night's sleep continental breakfast
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Situated close to the M11 and easy to get to the centre of Cambridge. Professional and friendly staff, who were approachable. The room was of a basic standard as expected with Premier Inn - very clean and tidy. Great value for money - added the continental breakfast option which was all you can eat for an extra £6.99. Comfortable bed and little/no traffic noise - a great place to stay, and I would definitely book there again if I need to come to this area again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
1  Thank LJRoscoe
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I was booked in for 5 nights. My company generally use Premier inn. I arrived Sun 8th about 6pm to find it hard to park in the "free" car park. The site was a mess as building was being done. The whole place looked like a building site. The room I was allocated was a disabled room, which I did not need. If fact the very low bed is a issue for me with arthritis in my legs and feet. The room was NOT clean at all, dust every where with a dead fly on the window ledge. The bath room was not clean either with long blond hairs on the toilet and shower. Black pubic hair on the toilet. The worse was still to come when I pulled back the sheets to find a dried blood stain. The sheets clearly were not clean and had not been changed from previous client. I checked out the next morning and found another hotel nearby. Which in fact was much cheaper and clean. to be fair it is rare to find a dirty Premier inn but often they are poor, with cold rooms and barely warm water. I am sure they will post the "standard£ blurb about having high standards. Well I spend about 60 nights a year in them. Some are good, some are OK and a lot are just plain rough. this was over £100 a night. In my view a complete ripoff. I have told my company that too sending them the pictures but feel that it would upset readers to post here.
The picture on the web site of this hotel is very misleading, complaint made to ASA.

Room Tip: chose another hotel at least until this one is built properly.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Premier inn Team at Premier Inn Cambridge North (Girton) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to review our Cambridge North (Girton) hotel.

When your company booked this hotel, they would of been made aware of the building works either on the phone or via the website which states;

"This hotel is being extended, we're sorry for any noise or inconvenience. There may be limited parking during this time."

I'm guessing you wouldn't be involved in booking so I totality understand how this information may have not been communicated through to you.

It sounds as though your room was not up to the level of cleanliness we aim to provide. We will pass your observations on to the hotel manager who can then liaise with the housekeeping team.

Just to let you know, if you have any issues or enquiries during your stay. do not hesitate to tell our staff who are more than happy to assist you where possible. It may have been possible to change your room in this case as it was unsuitable for yourself.

We are sorry that your experience with us made you find an alternative hotel to stay at but we hope you will stay with us in the future.

Thanks.

Josh

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Staff as usual in Premier Inns were very helpful. We arrived about noon and were pleasantly surprised to find that all four rooms for our party were ready and we could drop off our luggage before going off for the afternoon. The only downside (and we were pre warned about this) was that the car park had limited spaces due to there being ongoing work on an extension. It didn't affect us as we used taxis or the bus into Cambridge.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t been to the Beefeater for sometime pleasantly surprised. Dad had the fish and chips which he thoroughly enjoyed I had the rump steak which was lovely. The staff were helpful and attentive the only problem was car parking - the adjoining Premier Inn are having building works. Very good experience overall.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner staff friendly and attentive nothing is to much trouble and feels like home. Food great and plate always hot. Weather it is the day time menu for a fiver or the night time meal for bit more it is aways good. Good choice of beer and larger.. or soft drinks with them doing Pepsi rather than coke and you can Pepsi Max on tap always bonus..

Pleas clean tidy and your not over looked when you sit down to eat. I have been coming to beefeater’S since a child and food it great not posh not one mini steak and large mushroom. But whole plate of good grub. Well worth visit it is shame I have to tell everyone one as you will all be there.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo