Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Sierra Vista)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites(Sierra Vista)
View Hotel
Bella Vista Motel(Sierra Vista)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskwestern themebunk bedscinnamon rollsgreat hotelpancake machinegas stationmovie theatereggsin townbreakfast staffvisit familystaff was friendlycandlewood suiteseasy chairbreakfast roomthe hotel is clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I travel alot for business and found this to be a little above average. While they do except pets - I only saw one the entire time. The rooms were really clean and the daily maid service adequate. They have duvet covers which makes everything seem better than those nasty bedspreads. Four pillows on each bed makes for comfy sleep.
The breakfast was free but nothing really special.
Front desk was pleasant.
You share the outside pool with the hotel right next door but it is a really nice pool with alot of shared outdoor space - could be good for kids if they were with me.
While the exercise room was small all the equipment was functioning.
All and all, I would stay here again as I know what to expect and it meets all of my travel needs.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sunnysal
1902manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

We thank you very much for your positive review! All reviews encourage us as team to continue to strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We will use your review to build on that goal!
We hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon! Until then happy travels!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

This hotel is excellent value. It's new with spacious rooms, comfortable beds, quality linens and an excellent included breakfast. It's within walking distance of the main shopping area in Sierra Vista and some decent restaurants. The staff was courteous and I was not troubled by noise from other rooms or by other guests' pets (and my room was near the elevator, usually the noisiest). I was happy and comfortable in this hotel for my entire five-night stay. It was a great base for exploring the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a west-facing for a view of mountains, away from the road.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1902manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us AND for taking the time to post such kind words! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to welcome you back again one day soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Although this hotel is pet friendly it isn't people friendly. The person in the room next to me left her dogs alone for over an hour and they (multiple) dogs barked the entire time. Now I had to sign a no party contract but the front desk could careless about the people needing to sleep without barking dogs clause. Now here's the best part my son is allergic to all animal fur and his eyes were swollen. Not happy this isn't a place to stay if you have allergies!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1902manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

I am sorry to read that your stay at our hotel was less than you'd expected. We truly hope that our guests will enjoy every aspect of their stay.
It's true that we are a pet friendly hotel. Pets have become part of families and we love to be able to welcome our "four legged" family members. Occasionally, we do have pets that act out in an unfamiliar setting, (such as a hotel room) when the pet parent is absent, as was the case on the night of your stay.
I want you to know that we tried repeatedly to contact the pet parent to infom him of your inability to sleep. As soon as we were able to get in touch with them they came staight away to calm their animals, unfortunately, it was not before you left.
During the past few days we have also tried unsuccessfully to contact you. We don't want to leave you unhappy with us. We would like to make it up to you! Please contact the hotel directly between 7a and 3p. Ask for the front desk supervisor and reference the confirmation number of your last stay.
We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Reserved a suite so our daughter could sleep in a separate room. It turns out that the "suite" is just a normal hotel room with a small sitting area, not so much as a low wall dividing the bedroom. Do not stay here if you want a real suite.

In fact, do not stay here at all. While it was clean, the building is run down for a place so new. Bathroom lighting was extremely dim CFL bulbs, so shower itself was too dark to even read a shampoo bottle. Fold-out bed was terrible quality. Walls are very thin, so hope the people next door aren't feeling frisky (unless you like listening to that kind of thing). As a kicker, getting back into town after leaving this hotel requires a U-turn in front of the crazy Sierra Vista drivers.

There are no good places to stay in Sierra Vista, but there are better places than this one.

Room Tip: Ask for room that doesn't overlook front parking lot
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I'm not a picky traveler, trust me. I travel a lot so I'm used to many different experiences and am rarely surprised however, the desk clerks at this hotel have succeeded in sucking the hospitality out of the hospitality industry that they are a part of. I stayed at this hotel for 6 days and nights and passed by the front desk at least four times each day. The first couple days I would initiate conversation with a "hi" or "good morning." The rest of the days I said nothing and walked by unnoticed. Was never greeted or felt welcome - sometimes there were four folks behind the counter and they all seemed more interested in chatting among themselves than treating the guests to a pleasant experience. This is the first time I will not return to a hotel based solely on the desk staff. Hope they shape up or ship out.
By the way, this hotel permits animals so the rooms stink like dog urine.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1902manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

We appreciate the time you took to tell TripAdvisor of your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista. Our team sincerely wants our guests to enjoy every aspect of their stay . I am sorry to read that yours was less than you had hoped. We want you to know that we take your comments seriously
We will take your critique to heart and work to improve guest awareness and friendliness and we hope in doing so that you will give us another chance!