“Affordably friendly and convenient”
Review of La Petite Sedona

La Petite Sedona
Ranked #46 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Our second trip to Sedona, we had stopped in a few months ago to inquire as to rates with future visits in mind. We were not disappointed in our stay at the La Vista Motel. The proprietors were not only friendly and helpful, their knowledge of the area provided us with an amazing day spent seeing both the outdoor sights as well as some of the neatest shops and boutiques. Our room had a great panoramic view of the mountain backdrop while also providing convenient access to uptown Sedona. We felt we received a strong value with the affordability of our stay.

Room Tip: The top corner room has the greatest view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
LaVistaMotel, Owner at La Petite Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and hope you will stay with us again if you get back to Sedona.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 26 April 2012

The La Vista Motel was a very clean and quiet place to stay for our family of four. The motel is located on the edge of uptown. It is close enough to walk to all the shops and restaurants. The staff gave us a map and helped us navigate Sedona and all the parks and walking trails. We had a patio with mountain views right out our front door.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our motel. We appreciate the positive feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed here for two nights and it was the perfect place for me to stay. It is exactly what it claims to be - a motel- so it doesn't have a lot of the frills that larger hotels have, but it is much cheaper than most of the other hotels around, and is right at the end of town, so there are restaurants and shops within walking distance. (side note - defnitely check out the trading post across the street. Very cool.) Plus...I was in Sedona. I didn't need anything more from my hotel than a nice view and a comfy bed to sleep in, and La Vista delivered! The woman who checked me in and the man who checked me out were both very friendly and very helpful when I asked for advice about what to do around town, and one of the men cleaning the rooms when I left even offered to help me with my suitcase.

My only complaint is that the shower was kind of small for my taste, but the water pressure was awesome, and it did the job. I'd definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Andrea C

We want to thank you for your review. In your comments you summed up our goals as owners and hope that our guests are able to enjoy Sedona. We are very happy you were satisfied with your stay and if you get back to Sedona hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Hotel is tired, old, plain, but such a deal in uptown Sedona. Walking distance to the shops and restaurants. Place was clean. But don't expect a pool, bar, restaurant, frills. That being said, our room had a fireplace which was nice. The Queen-bed rooms face the street. The King-bed rooms cost only 10 bucks more but face the red rock mountains of Sedona!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter F
LaVistaMotel, Owner at La Petite Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

-We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do appreciate your comments and try to keep our place affordable in Uptown Sedona. Thanks, LaVista Motel

Reviewed 21 February 2012

i read the reviews about this little spot on trip advisor, gave it a shot and POOF!!!! a place to stay for a minimum price!!! i went hiking in the mountains and found the location perfect. my legs were sore, i hate to drive with my legs and feet aching so this spot fit my needs to the T. food and shopping were nearby, i had to suffer with no coffee spot nearby but i made up for that at the coffee pot resturant. the room was perfect for me, i just needed to relax and watch a little tv after my excersize.

Room Tip: the parking for my little car was fine, but thank god i didn't have big truck or Suv. parking i...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
LaVistaMotel, Owner at La Petite Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

We want to thank you for your kind comments. We do have additional parking in front and back by our cottage for anyone that has a bigger vehicle or feels uncomfortable with their parking space. Again thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts on tripadvisor and we are really glad that you had a good stay with us.
Thanks,