“A place to remember and long to go back to!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Sedona Cathedral Hideaway
Ranked #17 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed here for my 50th Birthday. All I asked for my birthday was to go somewhere to unwind and relax in nature. This was perfect in every way! great hosts, very comfortable, fabulous breakfast and amazing views! Loved the hiking trails close by and waking up to the sounds of nature not traffic! I usually can find one thing to improve upon but I really cannot. They have thought of everything! Highly recommend and long to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed here for my 50th Birthday. All I asked for my birthday was to go somewhere to unwind and...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adamstravel2010
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

One of the best B&B's we've stayed at. Larry and Kathy do it right! Their home is beautiful and inviting. They make everything so handy and comfortable. Breakfast choices are beyond expectations and delicious. As other's have said, the recommendations on Sedona attractions and restaurants are dead-on by Larry and Kathy. They add so many personal touches to their guests, it's something you need to experience. I also had one of Kathy's facials, and my skin feels/looks great! Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boaterswife
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My wife and I had an absolutely fabulous time here for the first two nights of our honeymoon (the rest was spent on the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon). Larry and Kathy went far above and beyond to make us feel welcome in every way. From the zero-gravity chairs on the deck overlooking Cathedral Rock, to the wonderful breakfasts spent while watching a swarm of hummingbirds, to the excellent recommendations on places to hike and visit, to the personal guided tour of park with the best views of Cathedral Rock, Larry and Kathy worked to make our visit special. We'll remember it always.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deano2300
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in June and chose the Sedona Cathedral Hideaway based on the Tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed and loved our stay. Here are the highlights…

Outstanding location – A very quiet and peaceful location with unbeatable views of Cathedral Rock. You are about 5 minutes from town so the only thing you hear are the warm breezes, humming birds and other wildlife. At nighttime the stars are amazing and they have a great observation deck with reclining lounge chairs. You have direct access to a trail system that takes you up to Cathedral Rock or around the base of it. From the deck of the Hideaway to the top of Cathedral Rock is about 2.35 miles with about 1,260 feet of elevation gain. This is one of the top hikes (or trail runs) in the world. In the short 2.35 mile distance you pass the lush and babbling Oak Creek, go through canopies of trees, switchback up red rock cliffs, cross over fields of smooth red rock and then climb a step ¼ mile accent to the top with 360 degree views that are the most beautiful in Sedona.

Wonderful Accommodations – We had the Safari room on the 2nd floor. It is spacious, well appointed and very comfortable. You can lie in bed and look out the large picture windows at the incredible Cathedral Rock view. Two-person Jacuzzi tub, two-person shower, huge walk in closet, in-room coffee, fridge and microwave make this a true luxury suite by 5 star hotel standards. The rest of the house is very nice. There is only one other guest room and it is downstairs so you have complete privacy.

Fantastic Food and Service – Kathy and Larry are wonderful hosts who will do anything and everything to assure you have a fantastic experience. You can order whatever your heart desires for breakfast and the food is fresh, flavorful and delicious. 24/7 you have access to homemade ice cream, chocolate, cold drinks and snack food - all of which is included in your stay.

Recommendations – The best nice dinner we had was at L’Auberge at Oak Creek. We sat creek side in one of the best outdoor restaurant setting you can find anywhere. The food was sophisticated, delicious and presented with the highest level of service. At the other end of the culinary spectrum, the best hot dog I’ve had in my life was at Simon’s Hot Dogs located at the Oak Creek Brewery (not the Grill, but the actual brewery.) I would go back to Sedona just to get a Simon’s hot dog! The best hike/run is the Cathedral Rock trail as I described above. I’ve hiked and trail run in many beautiful parts of the world and this is one of the best.

Bottom Line – This is the best place to stay in Sedona if relaxation, a peaceful quite atmosphere, a beautiful setting, a beautiful view and a high level of service are your objectives.

Room Tip: Safari Room is the best!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SBAdvisor
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My boyfriend and I had an absolutely amazing time at the Sedona Cathedral Hideaway! Larry and Kathy made our holiday season and New Year's (2012) extremely memorable! From the moment we arrived we knew this was a special place and felt completely pampered. We highly recommend the gorgeous Safari Room! It was so nice to enjoy the large whirlpool tub while gazing out at the stars. I've stayed at many B & Bs over the years and I am now completely spoiled by the hospitality & amenities Larry and Kathy's B & B provided. Delicious homemade breakfasts made to our specifications, helpful tips of the area, spa treatments by Kathy, entertainment by Larry, etc. etc. By the time we left, Larry and Kathy felt like family! We would LOVE to come back and stay when we visit Sedona again! ~ Lisa & Ian

Room Tip: We highly recommend the Safari Room!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple