All reviewssafari roomcathedral rockkathy larryhomemade ice creambed and breakfastb bsgrand canyonwonderful hostshiking trailsdinner reservationslarge showerjetted tubfour nightswe've stayedincredible viewsevergreendeck
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My husband I went here last summer for our honeymoon. We spent a week at Cathedral Hideaway, and Larry and Kathy did everything to make our stay wonderful. Feasts for breakfasts, delicious homemade ice cream, chocolates left for us all over the house... Kathy made all of our dinner reservations for us, and Larry was a great help when choosing trails/parks to explore. We HIGHLY recommend this B&B. If our travels ever bring us back to Sedona, this is where we will stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Evergreen room... it was wonderful. A large, Jacuzzi style bathtub with a window that opened to the sky full of stars, and a beautiful view of cathedral rock.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We just returned from two nights at SCH and we had an absolutely wonderful time. Kathy and Larry are the perfect hosts who went above and beyond to make our stay perfect in every way. It is clear that they love what they do and it shows in all the little details. The gourmet breakfasts were a highlight--they were fresh and delicious and gave us all the energy we needed to power through several fabulous hikes in the area. One of the nights during our visit was New Year's Eve, and I can't think of a more beautiful or relaxing place to ring in the New Year than SCH!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2011

If you want serenity, peace, the views Sedona is famous for, incredible food, homemade ice cream, to sleep in a cloud of luxury, and end each day perfectly, look no further. I had the pure joy of staying with Kathy and Larry in the Evergreen Room. I had traveled to Sedona for a Reiki class and was traveling solo. I was a little concerned about being at a 'romantic' spot as a single traveler, but Kathy made me comfortable during our first phone conversation. My stay was perfect. Larry & Kathy are the most thoughtful innkeepers. They filled me with smiles and laughter the entire stay. They open their home to you and it's exquisite. There was a connection for my iPhone to play music in room. Pillows in every different thickness imaginable. The softest linens. A sleep number bed where you can control the firmness of the mattress. Unmatched views of Cathedral Rock, which is only a short walk away. Hummingbirds were everywhere and I loved eating breakfast with them. I ended each night relaxing in a zero gravity lounger on the back deck, eating homemade ice cream and soaking in the tub. Unlike many B&B's, at SCH you can select the time you want breakfast. It's not served at a standard time like other B&B's. Everything I could think of was already provided. It's obvious Kathy and Larry truly enjoy what they do. Kathy made several dining recommendations and all were outstanding. One night I brought dinner home and enjoyed it on the back deck. Every inch of the property and home is carefully thought out. There are several places for quiet time and reflection, or to enjoy romantic moments. I left a part of myself at SCH. I've stayed at other B&B's in Sedona, including another top rated one that had ants in the room (yes ants). I'll NEVER stay anywhere else but Sedona Cathedral Hideaway.

Room Tip: Evergreen Room is on the 1st floor. Safari Room is on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2011

If awakening to the sounds of Sedona's wildlife and the sun kissing Cathedral Rock while sipping a morning coffee and being caressed by your suite's private fireplace is your idea of perfection, then Cathedral hideaway is for you. It will fill your heart, your soul, and being. Your hosts, Larry and Kathy, will make you feel like family, while pampering you like royalty. Gourmet organic breakfasts are prepared to order. A kingdom of beauty and self-discovery are minutes away, or if you choose; right outside your door. WOW! Simply says it all.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Karen and Larry have done it right. They found a beautiful property in a spectacularly beautiful setting which they let serve as a backdrop for their "six star" hospitality and service. Every creature comfort is provided. Their motto is "if you want it, just ask." We just returned from two nights at SCH on our first ever visit to Sedona and are already planning our return. You can obtain the details on the SCH website. This place exceeded expectations in every area.

• Stayed: December 2011