“My Groupon Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Novato, California
“My Groupon Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Bought Hotel & Spa package on Groupon-found staff very knowledgeable about these "packages". Regrettably we had a room in the very back of the facility. Not only were we in this cave-like environment but we weren't even able to leave our slider open at night due to safety concerns with walkway behind room. This walkway came from the street and went past our room. There was no safety gate at the street entrance to this walkway. We tried to change room to no avail. Room was not large, bathroom was very strange. Reservations had been made months in advance so why were we given such an awful room-should be used for storage, not accomodations. Food was fair at best & free drink was just that! What sales this place is the spa! Wonderful staff, gorgeous setting, very nice products. I would not go back to the hotel but would go back to the spa.

Room Tip: This is not a hotel! It is a motel with an awful coffee shop. If that is what you want, that is wh...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rusamim
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Allendale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a great time at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa. The rooms were so clean. Not a scratch on the walls or a spot on the carpet. Good clean linens and towels. Very good service. Great, quiet room with patio. Loved walking next door to Starbucks and Safeway to get morning breakfast to eat on upstairs terrace. Pool was nice, never crowded and a great way to relax after a day of hiking. Yes, it was on a busy road, but I never noticed noise or more activity. Too bad Reds restaurant was not up to par. Bad service, average food. Plenty of other great places to eat in Sedona.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on the front of the building. They have no balcony or patio.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia Z
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your taking time to note your thoughts and comments.

I will share the positive and work on the REDS issues. I you would contact me so I can find out when you dined in REDS that would be appreciated.

928 340 5304 and or email
silver city,nm
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband purchased this room as a Christmas gift for my sister and I. We carried our luggage to the 3rd floor as there was no valet to help. Upon getting to our room, our key did not work and we had been put in a handicap designated room. I walked back down to the lobby and changed rooms. The next morning we ordered room service which took 1 1/2 hours because they "forgot" the room number. We then went to the spa for massages where I had to wipe my feet before getting in the table because the floor was dirty when I removed my slippers. We then proceeded with our day getting back to our room around 8:30 p.m. Exhausted and ready for bed we opened the door to our room only to find it had not been serviced, regardless of leaving a sign on the door TWICE asking for service. Upon check out I brought this to there attention and they said they would "e-mail" a response. When I read the response it only upset me further. The cleaning people stated that I "called" and asked that they not service the room until turn down that night. This was a flat out lie. I called and spoke with the manager, Jerry, who said he would listen to the recording and get back to me. As of this morning I have heard nothing. So much for our relaxing girls get away!!!!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank havatouch2
Dear Tracy,
I appreciate your taking time to note your thoughts and comments.

I know you have spoken to Jerry and Ciara and that a credit to your card was taken care of yesterday.

I am very sorry about our housekeeping communciation on servicing your room on the 2nd day of your stay.

I also discussed with Chef Ron the room service delay due to our server not writing down the room number. A review of protocol on taking orders has been down with our restaurant team.

928 340 5304 and or email
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel in April 2012. I was disapointed when we arrived as the feel is of a glorified motel - from the location right on the busy road, to the supermarket next door, to the design of the property itself.

However, we had a room at the back, so no noise from the road. Our room was large and comfortable, with a view of the rocks (if you leaned sideways). The bed was really comfortable and the sheets and pillows were of good quality. Only gripe would be the fireplace which you couldn't turn off completely so there was always some light in the room.

We ate in the restaurant and it was fine, but indeed, there are better options not far away and it closed very early.

Overall, it wasn't a bad choice as the location is decent, the staff are friendly, and the rooms are good quality. I can't say how it compairs to other hotels in Sedona, but it certainly isn't a 'resort' or anything like.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, away from the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your taking time to note your thoughts and comments.

I would like to look into your stay with us and if you would call or email me that would be great.

928 340 5304
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

About 5 miles west of the heart of Sedona and in walking distance to the Safeway.
Great large rooms and good beds.
Nice fitness center, pool and spa, great for little kids. Staff is very friendly and helpful, parking very easy and close by.
The "Reds" restaurant is below average but thankfully you're close to much better an cheaper choices.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family