“For a Big Splurge”
Review of Cress on Oak Creek

Cress on Oak Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Cress on Oak Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 200
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 89A
Description: Cress on Oak Creek is a fine dining, prix-fixe culinary destination in Sedona. Inspired by the nature of Northern Arizona, locally foraged and hand-selected ingredients are incorporated in delectable courses served on the banks of babbling Oak Creek. Guests are invited to indulge in one of the most exclusive, memorable and scenic dining experiences in the world.
Reviewed 11 July 2017

You do not go to Sedona to eat there, but if you ARE in Sedona and have something special to celebrate, worth considering. As others note, the location is amazing, on the creek. If weather is bad, I'd reconsider as that is half the charm.

First, you are looking at 2 hours and $300 at least (with wine) for 2 people. It is a 3 course for $80, with optional dessert for another $15. 4 selections for each course. This is not tasting, but real courses. Curiously, to cater to vegetarians, the first course can be foie gras or a kale salad, up to you.... (guess what I chose). And so on.

Cooking was on a high level and food was brought when prepared even if that was a long time. As it should. Bottom line, this is a high-end city place moved to the magic of Sedona. No vortex at our table. Check the menu before you go. NOT for kids, really.

2  Thank dkberman
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Found this restaurant and really enjoyed our dinner. We called and made reservation ahead of time so when we came, the table was ready.

The temp that day was about 96oF but we had no problem at all eating outside, next to this beautiful creek... We went with 3-course meals. The foods were good, Alex, our waiter is great. A little bit pricey for the meals but combined with the view, it is OK. Highly recommend this place.

3  Thank TravellerUSA1971
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Had dinner to celebrate my niece's new job. Dinner with my sister, daughter and niece. We all got something different from the prix fix menu and shared. Everything was amazing...small portions, so we were not filled up. Probably the best filet I've every had, but the sea bass was also excellent. Be ready to shell out some cash...everything is on the high end (i.e $20 bottle of wine was about $100). Service was AMAZING, incredible, 1st class! Our bill for 4, with two bottles of wine was over $500...I was so worth it. Made our reservation 3 weeks ahead of time and requested creek-side. We were not disappointed.

1  Thank GLHathaway
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Went for my anniversary. We sat a very nice table next to the creek, The view is very romantic ! The main dinner was very good , rack of lamb and fruit de mer we had.. The appetizers just ok. THe server was very nice but so so attentive. Forgot the coffee I ordered. My wife lactose free found goat cheese in her non dairy salad. My "fresh" bread was hard as a rock. When I asked for another it took 15 minutes and wa then told that it gets hard if I don't eat it quickly.

So it was romantic eating creekside but otherwise nothing too speacil

3  Thank bigdadwangchung
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We went for dinner and chose 3 course. I picked what our waitress recommended and all dish were amazing. I will definitely go back for the sea bass dish.. Foie gras was good, I had some veal cheek from my husband, which was really good too. I also heard their weekend brunch is excellent, would love to try next time.

Been to Cress on Oak Creek? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK