“Just Fab”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Prescott, AZ
“Just Fab”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I had a great experience with the Heart of Sedona Coffee. This week was my first visit and I loved the artwork and atmosphere. There is plenty places for sitting, but if it's really busy, like it was when I visited and the place was packed, you can always enjoy the sun by sitting at a table outdoors. We did have to wait through a line, but that only tells you this place has to be doing something right.

Even though the help was busy, we were greeted by smiling employees who took the time to prepare our coffee right (light or dark roast with room or not) and I received a beautiful heart on my lavender dark mocha!!!! What dedication in a rush! I felt like I should say something after reading the posts for this establishment. Many of the reviewers seem to have the same expectations a customer would have at starbucks. Fast food coffee on the fly. Not this place!!! You can tell they put a lot of work into every drink and there are plenty of pasteries to nibble on too. I will most definitely visit again when I am in town.

• Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Phoenix, Arizona
“Java with some heart extra $$$ for the Boa”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is a coffee house with some heart. It is conveniently located next to New Frontiers and Pita Fresh. The pastries are expensive. The brownie was hard, tasted day old. The atmosphere is spacious, diverse with something for everyone EXCEPT for the woman holding a boa, yes a REAL boa. With a fear of all snakes, could not depart fast enough and for a price!

Visited March 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“digging coffee beans out of dung would have tasted better!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I'm not from here and thought that going to a local coffee shop rather then starbucks would have been the bee's knee's! I was wrong! the 30min wait for 2 cup's of coffee was bad enough to insure that I would never return to this local establishment. To make things worse, after the wait, she called my name for my order only to have one of my drinks ready. When I told her I had two drinks in the order, she told me she can only make one at a time! So I know Im not from her but usually when your order is all the way ready, then they call the order's name! Just saying! Only to get back to the hotel room to sip what can only be called feces in a cup! I ordered a latte but it tasted like a myan (bitter) My girlfriend had to beg me not to return to turn loose on those banchee's! Needless to say, this town makes money off of tourists and doesn't care about honest to goodness customer service,....and that is my conclusion on Sedona

1 Thank ratchieratch
Frenchtown
“Eclectic Coffee House in the Red Rocks”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Heart of Sedona Coffee is a wonderful, eclectic coffee shop next to New Frontiers, a local, organic food store, in downtown Sedona. The latte is delicious and served with a fun design in the froth. They also serve organic chocolate, croissants, lemon bars and other pastries and smoothies. All sorts of local artists are featured here, and there are prints, CDs and other items for sale. There are light breakfast specials such as a granola plate served until about 10:30 A.M. Even though it is pricey and tables are hard to come by, this place is worth a visit.

Sedona, Arizona
“Lousy guest service--people just a source of income”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The title says it. I thought to maybe cool down before writting this, but just can't hold off. I've always prided myself to seek out local, independant places but will gladly stay at home for a french pressed coffee or go to world wide commercial coffee brand shop for my daily treat.
I walked in to find the place nearly every table occupied. Kinda a neat scene for a local coffee shop. There was one other person at the register talking with a woman behind the counter, who I think might have been an owner or manager as she was telling the "guests" that if she ever had a question or problem or such to just go straight to her and no one else. As the "guest" before me departed, and I stepped up, smile on my face, the woman walked away and made no eye contact, smile nothing....just as though I was a ghost. a minute or two later, a gentleman walked up to register, again no eye contact, smile nothing, took my order, ran my card gaqve me the slip and my copy and walked away without even a glimpse.
I went to get my drink after finding a table and settling my computer and things (about 2 1/2 minutes) and as I walked by the register, my credit card slip is still out on the counter. I got my drink, went to my table and started thinking of days and places where guest service/ customer service meant something and still trying to enjoy my latte.
A few minutes later, I went back to the register to ask for change and was again ignored by the first woman (the owner/manager) as well as the guy that eventually took my order to begin with. After about another 2-3 minutes, a young woman came to the register, smiles and wonderful attitude and ask if she could help me, I asked for change and also asked if she would please take my credit card slip which was............yes...............still in the middle of the counter.
To the young woman, thanks so much for your assistance and smile. Believe it or not, it makes a difference to those who spend 4.80 something for a Latte.
I ended up, after only drinking about a 1/4 of my wonderful latte, walking back up to the counter and disposing of my drink with the dirty dishes and walked out. It was clear that my satisfaction and happiness was not a priority.
So, I came to another, little local coffee joint down the street, ordered another latte and am pleasantly, was treated respectfully by owner and staff, with smiles and welcoming tones to write this.
Heart of Sedona used to be a nice treat and brief get away for this local. NEVER AGAIN!