“Beautiful Sedona”

Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The room was clean and and the staff was very friendly and helpful suggesting resturants. The pool was pretty warm even in early April at night, and the hot tub was great. I would have given this property five stars but the views from the second and third floors were the best and I was on the first floor. Its a bit pricey and I picked this hotel because of the beautiful views so I feel slightly cheated even though they do not guarantee which floor you get. The free breakfast was great with many hot dishes to choose from.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank onegreenwillow
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and took full advantage of our amenities. It's great when the weather starts warming up, and everyone can start getting back into our pool and hot tub. I'm glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast, too. I'm sorry that you didn't get the location you were hoping for. It's always a benefit to make reservations earlier than later, for future reference. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we look forward to your next visit with us!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The manager, Michael, at this Best Western (the one at 1200 W. State Route 89A) was terrific. After Travelocity charged our credit card without authorization, Michael patiently worked through the ordeal. He did his best to give us a fair rate, told my kids about the pool/hot tub so they could amuse themselves while we worked things out, and recommended a terrific local restaurant. I would highly recommend this hotel for any family stay in Sedona. The clean rooms, views of red rocks, amenities (pool, free continential breakfast, shuttle) and reasonable rates make it an excellent choice. It's nice to know that any issue that may arise will be taken care of in a professional manner by a great front desk staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the red rock landscape on the hillside side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thank you for complimenting Michael! I am so pleased to hear that he resolved your billing issue. I know that kind of thing can be very frustrating while traveling. It sounds like you had a great time checking out the area, and our amazing views throughout the city. We all work very hard to take care of our guests, and I’m glad that was so apparent during your stay. Please come visit again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The views, location and service were really excellent. I stayed 5 nights and would certainly stay again.
I loved that the hotel offered a shuttle as I came without a car from Australia and needed to get around. It was really a necessity for me. The shuttle took me to restaurants, shopping and hiking trails. I didn't even have a phone and we would make a time they would pick me up. It was a free service however of course in the US you have to tip.
The bed was comfortable, and the amenities were just enough. It is not a 5 star hotel so for what it was, it was very nice.
One morning I had the continental breakfast which was on paper plates with plastic knives and forks. It was truly horrible. There was not anything edible at all in my opinion.
I found that within a short few minute walk down the hill a fantastic place called "new frontier" and they had wonderful breakfast and everything else you can imagine. The biggest organic supermarket/store, go to the back of the store for the restaurant. Ate here a lot and loved it. Yummy coffee and fresh juices too.
The guys on the shuttle - Ram, Josh, Tommy were so helpful and friendly - great guys!!!
Also everybody I came in contact with behind the front desk were wonderful too.
I would recommend staying here. A good price too.

Room Tip: I loved being on the western side with a sunset view...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank energymagic

Well, it doesn’t get much more glowing than that! Thank you for such a lovely review, we are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Tommy, Ram and Josh are all great guys, and I’m glad they made you feel right at home. I am, however, very sorry to hear about your experience with the breakfast. While I’m glad you enjoyed New Frontiers so much, I’m sorry you had to leave the property to find something you enjoyed. We always welcome suggestions for how we can improve, so let us know what was not so great about our breakfast, and we will certainly work to correct it. Please come back to us again, there’s still more Sedona to see!

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We arrived tired and dirty after trekking through the Grand Canyon. Very welcoming greeting and enjoyed the hot tub as well as offer from the front desk to alw them to shuttle us around Sedona. Parking is at a premium and the shuttle will take you within five miles of the hotel for no charge. Yes!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W_MOshkosh_WI

How wonderful it is to treat a tired, aching body to a nice, warm whirpool at the end of the day! I am so glad you got to take advantage of our amenities, including our shuttle. Parking uptown is indeed tight, and who wants to drive anyway? We are thrilled you so enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Best Western Plus Inn for one night in Sedona and had a good experience. Our King Room had a great view of the Red Rocks (I don't think every room had as great of a view as ours did, so definitely request a room with a view when making your reservation), which is really why you come to Sedona in the first place. The room was huge, and included a gas fireplace, sitting area, and renovated bathroom with a spa/jetted tub and rain shower head. While I won't complain about the size of the room, the sheer length of the room was sort of unusual. The tv hung above the fireplace and was at least 25-30 feet from the bed. This meant that you had to have the tv on a high volume to be able to hear it while laying in bed (especially if the heat/ac unit was running). Not sure if every room is shaped the way ours was.

The only cons about this hotel were that both the tub and sink had very poor drainage. And by poor drainage, I mean that the water in the tub filled up to my ankles as I showered and the sink in the bathroom filled pretty high as we brushed our teeth and washed up in the morning. This may have been fixable, but we were there for such a short time that we didn't bother calling the front desk. Again, not sure if this was an issue throughout the hotel or just in our room. Besides that, though, the room was very clean and I wouldn't complain about it otherwise.

Breakfast was included and was the typical free buffet. Nothing really special, but it was tasty and tasted even better when eating it out on the terrace with unobstructed views of the amazing Red Rocks.

There are two Best Westerns in Sedona. The Arroyo Roble is located right in the downtown shopping area, whereas the Best Western Plus Inn is about 3 minutes drive west of the downtown. We didn't have any trouble finding parking downtown - in fact, we parked in the free parking garage right next to the Arroyo Roble. Given that this Best Western is about $100/night less than the Arroyo Roble, I think staying here makes much more sense! If we ever get back to Sedona, we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed the value and location. We are in love with those views, too! I am sorry to hear about the drainage issue you experienced while staying with us. I have notified our engineering department, who looked into the situation. It is now resolved. I hope you will come visit us again soon, we would love to have you back!