All reviews marriott courtyard front desk typical courtyard persian room fire pit starbucks coffee rooms are clean the hotel staff the location is perfect business trip nice pool pool area up to date stayed here for nights shopping and restaurants lobby property
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights prior to & as part of a desert tour. Hotel staff at reception were great. Helpful, friendly & efficient. The Marriott courtyard hotel is conveniently located only a 6 minute walk from “old” Scottsdale town area.
Our 5th floor “courtyard view” room had nice outlook & our room was spacious & clean. Bathroom was also a good size & had all the required amenities.
We are from Australia & are used to having electric kettles in our hotels, so my only minor complaint was the lack of a one in our room. We love our cup of tea, & the helpful guy at reception suggested we could get hot water through our coffee percolator. I’ll give it a go & see how it turns out ??
Overall a pleasant hotel & I’d certainly recommend it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear tim4travel88,

We are glad you stayed at Courtyard Scottsdale North and for recommending us. We appreciate you mentioning our convenient location and your well-appointed room. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Lori Halm,

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My room was quiet and pretty clean. Other than that, it left me wishing for more.

I had specifically requested a fridge/freezer weeks in advance, so was not too thrilled when the freezer didn’t work and customer service failed to reply to my multiple efforts to have it serviced or replaced. Additionally, my window was very difficult to open/close, and I feel this may be a safety issue in case of emergency. Finally, the fitness center was small and unimpressive. Not the best Marriott I’ve ever stayed at. I sent an overall review expressing my disappointment with my stay, and again - surprise - didn’t hear back anything. I think I’ll try somewhere else next time!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Jenbabe236,

Thank you for your review. While we're glad you enjoyed your room, we apologize for the problems you experienced and even more that we didn't promptly respond to your requests. We are working with our team to make sure that we deliver a superb stay every time. Again, thank you, and we do hope you will stay with us on a future trip to our area.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Average, completely.

On the plus side? Good communication with the hotel beforehand – my special requests were accommodated, which was a delight to see. And the bed was pretty comfortable.

But once I arrived on the property I was just underwhelmed. The front desk person was far too casual, even for my tastes, and called me "pal" more than once – I wasn't addressed by name. It was a brief interaction but it really rubbed me the wrong way. Once I was in my room, I was disappointed to see a thoroughly dated layout and decor – this is a Courtyard from the 00s, not updated. Womp womp.

A few small problems in my room: 1) the sink drain was sloooooooow due to a broken plunger. 2) The showerhead only functioned in OMG WATER!!!! mode, and there was no way to have it not do that (I tried!) 3) There was a little caked-on soap on my shower knob (ew) and 4) There was a straight-up stain on my wall (also ew).

I wouldn't stay here again. Sorry I did.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear webboy,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. Though we were pleased to hear the wonderful things shared about our communication upfront as well as getting the room request right, there were some things that we didn't handle so well. Please accept our apologies for not meeting those specific expectations and know that we take your comments very seriously, and we have discussed your comments with the appropriate team members to ensure corrections are made. We are committed to excellence and hope you will give us a chance to better demonstrate that to you on your next trip to our area. Thanks again and have a wonderful holiday season!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The hotel itself is very nice, very clean, friendly staff, great comfy beds. However, what we had a problem with was all the soccer teams staying there. I was on the computer and was asked when I would be done because they needed the computers to do school work. I finished what I needed to do, but needed to get back on later, and couldn't because some of the girls and parents were eating at the computers and taking up the computers. We tried several times, same people sitting there two hours later. Went back up to the room and a group of them are sitting in the hallway, blocking the way and just moved a little when we went by. 11pm and they are jumping up and down in the room, making all kinds of noise. Needs to be better control or let us know when we make the reservation that there is a large group of teenagers staying there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Jennifer M,

Thank you for staying with us at Courtyard Scottsdale North and for taking the time to post your excellent review. We are so glad you had such a pleasant stay and enjoyed every aspect of our hotel. We will remind our staff that we will need to provide a higher level of oversight when large groups of teenagers are guests to ensure that all guest have a pleasant stay. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we hope to see you on your next visit to Scottsdale!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I was impressed with the quick check in, the cleanliness and decor of the rooms, the pool area and the lobby. The staff was very accommodating. I had a balcony room overlooking the pool and it was like being on vacation even though I was here for work. The pool area has a couple great patio areas with a beautiful fire table and a large screen TV. So relaxing and fun. Plenty of parking and in a great area with lots of shopping and restaurants, just a couple miles from the Mayo Clinic. Highly recommend!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Tbird0826,

Thank you for your fantastic review and for recommending us. It’s a pleasure knowing we exceeded all your expectations and you loved everything we offer. We hope to see you again soon at Courtyard Scottsdale North.